AL - Recording baby steps: Newest Addition

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm glad he is just what you were looking for!!!!! Bet you will have great times together!!!!

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Staying crazy busy - helping my mom (who is stronger but still bedridden), working with Buddy, working / riding the new horse, cleaning the chicken houses and yards, under the rabbit cages, composting the raised beds, tilling the garden lot, setting "trellis" and planting peas. Gotta go tomorrow to buy more pea seed, as well as radish and mustard.

busy busy.... tired tired

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow it's been a while... and the only thing that has changed is adding more "to do" to my lists!
Peas are coming up and I finally got radish and mustard greens planted. Planted my yearly square of never showing carrots.
Titan the new horse spent a couple of weeks at the trainer for an attitude adjustment (he didn't stand still to get on, and he is TOO tall for me to hop along beside him). He is great now. She is an equine chiropractor so she checked him and found his hip was way out... she adjusted him and that helped immediately. Would have helped my outlook too.....
Buddy traded places with Titan and he is at the trainer now for his formal under saddle training. I warned her last time he is full of mischief, but he was good. This time she sent me a text saying he was a little terror - when they ride in the arena where he is loose he chases and bites the other horses lol. What a monster.

I am thinking of putting my big fat barn mutt rooster in with my bigger hens (BO, Brahma) and incubating for size. I am scared I'll end up with roosters again! We'll have to make a commitment to make rooster noodles before I go through with it.

Supposed to storm tomorrow and then I am hoping once it dries out I can till the rest of the garden plot. March is major planting time and I need to have everything ready. I bought 2 apple trees... we'll see what happens. They are the ones with the lowest chill hours so hopefully they'll make some years. I need to get some more blueberry bushes and move the 3 I have.

Busy times and no change anywhere in the near future.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I need to work on Misty. She likes to move off B4 I'm ready for her to. I keep saying I'm going to, I just keep putting it off.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
knock knock... anyone home? lol

Staying busy with life and loving it. It has been in the 70s and 80s temp wise lately, so I have my garden cranking along. I still have to finish tilling the main part and that is where I am planting peas and corn. My green beans didn't make (about 6 plants) so I am going to put some cukes in there with them. Titan, the new horse, is great! Fillling out finally and easy to catch (likes treats). Buddy is at the trainer learning to carry a rider and follow cues. The trainer sent me pics of little Buddy strolling through a clay pit, pond, and ridged hill as if it was something he'd done everyday of his life.
I have 5 roosters taht need to be gone and I just can't bring myself to do it. My dad said he would take care of the killing part, but now I can't catch the main dumb mean one I want gone. I've pulled out all of his tail feathers grabbing for him :) (even at night he is bad).

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Find a big fish net! Good to see you. Wondered where you'd been.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
nice pic --he is pretty

you got a 'dead head'
Now necessarily a "dead head". This just sounds like a well trained gelding to me. We call this kind a "been there-done that" a "dead head" is usually just lazy and usually none too smart. This kind of horse is born not trained. My sis has a young "dead head" mare that will ride along with no ideas of her own ever. I think you could point her and just ride her off a cliff. Another name we call them is a "packer".

Showing a bit of spunk, being well aware of his surroundings (the ceiling fan) ... that stuff all shows me a horse with a well developed brain. He sounds like he can look over a situation - without getting afraid or emotional - and then make a decision. Also he is a nice looker! I do agree with FC, because I too think you got a good one. :D