Alaskan's Life

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Picture from today... no, maybe yesterday.

The church I go to... I wanted to show how high the berms along the path have gotten. And, that path is NOT directly on the ground. Over the winter the snow on the path builds up. Maybe 6 inches ... up to a foot of snow pack on the walkway...

20210319_184558.jpg

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The only nice? thing about all that snow still there, besides that it is normal for you I guess, is that the sun is out and it looks NICE out???? not dreary and drab.... The sun at least looks pleasant if you know what I mean. And you do know that it will be coming to an end. We are warmer than normal right now, and we will get some colder weather and maybe even another couple frosts here... but the sun is "cheery" so it helps to not be a negative even if we get the frost.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm very fortunate to live in a Sandhill Crane area.
I LOVE them... but there is so much snow still that they are down in the marshes, not up by my house.

So, I haven't seen or heard them, people at lower elevations have said they are here.

I HAVE, for almost a week now, heard the varied thrush!!!

:ya :weee

It is always the first one back at my house, and comes when there is still bunches of snow. It shows up as soon as there has been just a tiny bit of melt at the tree and bush bases.