Alaskan's Life

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Strawberries generally thrive in cooler zones. Choosing the right variety is key! and getting them from someone who has had success with a variety is a win/win situation, b/c the plants are already adapted to local growing conditions. I've toyed with the idea of harvesting seeds from my best berry plants, and growing them out.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tossing up random pictures....

Busted up part from the Ford Explorer... Kid is having trouble finding a replacement. Funny, it is easier to find replacement parts for the older Jeep.
20210629_093510.jpg

And my dad... three years since he died as of last week. This is the memorial I made for him.
20210626_163326.jpg

And a view picture from a week of so back... cool with the clouds.
20210617_141623.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
One of my hens took a different route and stole a chick from a group a broody had hatched. At first a fight, then she was allowed to adopt it! 😁 She's an amazing mom....as is the broody. Guess it's chicken life!

I have 9 I hatched in bator that I'm going to get into coop mode today. They're almost 3 months and need to get out of the grow out area into daily life. Prepped all yesterday to move today. I'll band them as I move them.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No. I had chickens until I was in high school. Then, I didn't get any more until after hubby and I built our house. Had them for about a decade, there-a-bouts. Then, started my current revolving flock about 17 years ago.

I've had bantams, sex links, leghorns, (white and lt brown rose comb), Dominique, Barred Rock, SLW, EE, Buck Eye, BA, and probably a few other breeds I've forgotten about.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW what beauty under all that snow. But even your snowfall pictures, beats cement, blacktop and high-rises. That's it, I ain't taking anymore scenery pictures from around here. I'll just admire your pictures instead. And to think I turned down a piece of Alaska a few years ago, but it wasn't meant to be.

Thank for posting fresh pictures.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸