All my seeds are ruined :(

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so while cleaning out the sun room to make room for the new hot tub, dear hubby put all my seeds in a box and placed said box on the patio outside. I thought they had been put in the old wood stove in the sunroom. so... I go out to get my seeds from the wood stove and they aren't there. After looking thru all the crap left out on the patio for several weeks, I find my bag of seeds. ALL my seeds. They were sitting in yucky water with mold all over everything. :barnie This was my in case the SHTF seed stash. Non-gmo, heirloom, organic, everything.

so..... now I have to start over.

I haven't kept any of my seed catalogs that were mailed because I thought I had plenty. :he

Now to my question.... Where is the best place to get good seed for a good price?

I'm just gonna sit here and pout for awhile longer. :hit :caf

(edited 'cause I can't freaking type!)

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So sorry! Men can be,...well nevermind :duc ,....I ordered my heirloom seeds from a small company called Heirloom Seeds,...website www.heirloomseeds.com . I have had 100% germination rate and the plants are very healthy looking. Ok,..so I am impressed and this is the first time I have planted no GMO seeds,..and their prices are very reasonable.

As far as men go,..I just found out mine cut down my favorite black cherry tree outside my garden,...:hit I picked cherries from that when I was a little girl,.....he said it was dead,....yea right! :tongue Funny thing,..I picked enough cherries off of it last year to make a nice pie,..:rolleyes: men.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Oh, I'm so sorry! Don't you hate it when something special gets ruined? :hugs

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, like I said in another post...bless their little retarded hearts.

My husband is laughing, not from the losses...it's just that he's been on the receiving end of the wrath in the aftermath. And glad it wasn't him this time.

Hang in there, and get some plastic buckets, chains and locks. Might want to consider a marker, too. And write 'Touch this and you die' on the buckets.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's nice to know that I'm not the only wife seen riflling through the trash when my DH gets it in his mind to "clean up"! :rolleyes: Sheesh! I like the TOUCH THIS AND YOU DIE label...good idea.

I get my seeds from Baker Seeds, and have been very happy. They have a great selection and some really cool varieties to choose from.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Oh bummer. Well at least it happened now when you can easily replace it, rather than under conditions where you were *counting* on those seeds!

Honestly that's basically why I store my important seeds in an airtight container. Not so much to protect the seeds from air, but because that way when something stupid happens to them -- and in this house, plenty of stupid things happen :p -- they will be fine as long as the container isn't actually broken.

Now of course really I ought to store ALL my seeds that way, as opposed to in whatever random places I happen to set them down and then have trouble finding them again :p

Pat

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks guys!

I'll check Baker out. I think I actually got some of my seeds from them before.

sigh....

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Okie girl I have a NON GMO seed company called Hometown Seeds. They are working with my website and right now (until 3/15/11) are offering $5 off a $25 purchase. They also sell a "Survival Seed Packet" in addition to other seeds.

Check it out - it might be what you need. :)

added to say their link is about half way down my page. ;)