Alrighty Folks...POW Pics needed! **Big new call out in #124**

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Denim Deb said:
Keljonma, I have one problem w/your pics, I can't smell them! I love how lilac smells.
Yeah, that is a problem - no smell-a-camera :( The aroma of the lilacs is just wonderful! :love
most certainly! In particular, when the windows are okay with a warm late Spring breeze gently blowing in.

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DCam220511038.jpg

I humbly offer you a picture of my garden friend, the praying mantis, who has caught him/herself a tasty wasp snack.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
To be honest, I have no idea. :p I rarely ever saw them in California, but they are very common down here. We have big green ones. This particular specimen is about the length of my little finger. (The wasps here are much bigger too, like, twice the size of the average yellow jacket.)

In the summer time, I employed a "catch and release" program for them. They all went into my tomato bed, to catch bugs and caterpillars. :p

As for self sufficiency, I guess so. I tend to rely on these guys for pest control rather than sprays or whatever. :)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I haven't seen any since being on the west coast, however in the midwest and down south in TX they are longer and thinner.

I used to order praying mantis egg sacs and live ladybugs all the time when back in TX for the same reason, I hate pestisides. They usually ended up in my neighbor's yard though. :p Thankfully I don't need them up here...yet.

rty007

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Decided to give it a try... How about a cat standing on a fence surrounding one of Polish infantry bastions from WW II

m86xf_7YJCT0I612YcVJ_8omgBlp4ulGuf6Cu6n77Qw