Am I Practical or Mean?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
anyone see that new show they are plugging on tv?

stuff your pet. it is creepy. I truly wouldn't want any of my pets stuffed and in the house after they die. just me LOL
I like my pets but not enough to taxidermy them and have them staring at me

has anyone ever considered it?

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
bad enough trying to eat with an alive dog staring at ya......now i got to have a dead dog staring at me while i eat.

FarmerChick said:

stuff your pet. it is creepy. I truly wouldn't want any of my pets stuffed and in the house after they die. just me LOL

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
bad enough trying to eat with an alive dog staring at ya......now i got to have a dead dog staring at me while i eat.
FarmerChick said:

And drooling! :drool :lol:

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
if i have a dead dog drooling........back to the taxidermist i go........excuse me did you notice anything strange.....

stubbornhillfarm said:
elijahboy said:
FarmerChick said:

And drooling! :drool :lol:

stubbornhillfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
That did sound funny! What I meant, was that my taxidermist would have to mount my dog and make it look like he was drooling, because that is what he does when he sits next to us at the table. :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well....sort of. My beautiful dog, Lucy, was part Lab, part GP....snow white and had a beautiful coat. I always planned to keep and tan her hide when she passed so that I could at least have that beautiful and soft reminder of her.

When it came time to put her down, I couldn't face the skinning of her....just couldn't do it. It felt like dishonoring her, whereas on other animals like my sheep it felt like not wasting their life and their parts. I've always felt we should use all of the animal that we possibly can as a tribute to their life. Somehow it felt different with Lucy...I guess because I didn't buy her and raise her with the intention of eating her. I didn't buy her at all...she came to me when she needed a friend and so did I.

Still....sure would have loved petting that sweet girl for longer than I had her. I miss her so much... :(

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I had that problem with my children. I became emotionally attached, and then, when they got ill....I hadn't the heart to have them put down. They were good kids. They all grew up and are leading healthy lives now. :plbb

KaboomAngel

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
I had that problem with my children. I became emotionally attached, and then, when they got ill....I hadn't the heart to have them put down. They were good kids. They all grew up and are leading healthy lives now. :plbb
:yuckyuck :lol: :gig :lol: :gig