Am I weird?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My dryer is broken and has been for at least a month. And it has been raining almost every day!

So YES, I would love to have a sunny day in which to dry clothes on a clothesline. I actually do not like them stiff from the sun or full of pollen from the air, but drying clothes indoors in a cold house is not fun at all.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I love clothes hanging weather! I try to hang outside whenever I do a load in the summer. At least my stuff. Unfortunately, my partner doesn't like the stiffness of line dried stuff so hers has to go in the dryer to be beat to death even in the summer. And I'm not even going to start about the comments about hanging out underwear for the whole neighborhood to see. Ignoring the fact that my line is behind the house and downhill from the road.

I can't wait until it is warm and sunny enough!

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I love the smell of a line dried towel in the morning...
It smells like Victory!
:old

You know your addicted when you have more than one clothesline. I have a pulley line off the back porch and a 25 foot long 5 line T-pole system in the back yard that dates back to the 40"s.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ha! I just came inside from putting up new clothes lines and pole and thought I would check in here to see what was going on today. This must be outdoor clothes hanging day.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i cant believe we werent the only people who thought this!!!

as for the weird part....um... lets just say you are in good company!
:)

Laureli

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have hung many loads out in the past couple of weeks. Hung some towels out and forgot about them until it rained ... it was a terrible storm. Now I need them to dry out, so I can rewash and hang them out to dry.

As for the stiffness in towels hung out to dry... try white vinegar in the rinse water. About a cup for a large load.

:frow

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
curly_kate said:
As soon as I saw the weather forecast for today- 80s and sunny - the first thing I thought was: Sweet! I'll do laundry and can hang it out to dry!! I think I need to get a life!! :lol: Anybody else get excited about hanging laundry??
When I read the title, I just answered yes without reading.

But now that I've read: nope. Sounds lovely! I actually really LIKE laundry.

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I did the same thing today! I was actually disappointed that I'm all caught up with my laundry. So I didn't have anything to hang outside. Then I realized how silly that sounds...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm not. So, if you really want to hang out some clothes.....