AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
HURRAY! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to live vicariously through you for a while! :p
Looking forward to seeing the pictures! So glad you arrived safe and sound!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad you made it! I have clothes out on my solar powered clothes dryer, too. :D

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so glad to hear you arived safe and sound...!!!
wishing you many wonderfull happy moments...
can't wait to see pics...

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Glad you made it safe and sound! We cant wait to see pictures!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Applause-004.gif
Congratz.gif
Applause-004.gif

whew.gif
So glad you are there safe and sound!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm so glad you arrived safely!!!!!! I look forward to stories and photos!!!!!! Woohoo for new beginnings!!!!!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm so glad you arrived safely!!!!!! I look forward to stories and photos!!!!!! Woohoo for new beginnings!!!!!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) slowly getting things set up. Got 4 55 gallon water barrels today and filled up at the fire station, Monday were talking to a well driller trying to get the best price we can. Found a person that has a bunch of metal building studs and siding im getting really cheap!! so i can start closing in making rooms. The temp here is been in the 70's thru the day and upper 30's at night. Lost a brake pad on my truck today so i got to fix that.

The kids start school monday and they are looking forward to that. DD wants to go back to Georgia :lol: Told her when she is old enough she can do what she wants but until then we own you lol. Tonight we BBQ chicken over an open fire and the DW fried up a skillet of potatoes and onions was so goood!!!

So far we are love it here, we are totally off the grid. DW wants me to hurry up and build a chicken coop and we are looking for a couple of milk goats.

Our poor old dog is not use to the rough ground and his feet are sore, always been a house dog. Borrowed a tiller today and starting to make a garden, DW is ready to get a garden set in. Im also going to be building a green house.

The night sky here is amazing!!! can see the milky way :) no noise at all except for the howl of a coyote every now and then.

Right now i am enjoying a hot cup of coffee freshly brewed from the camp fire :) Once i get the solar panels and wind generator setup life will be more easy, but again i sort of like the camp fire and the coleman lanterns :) i only use i had done this sooner now that we are here. And OMG the border patrol is every where out here they set up check points all the time.

I will keep everyone posted and i have been taking pictures.

God Bless all of you