AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You have land and a home. With a few improvements etc. you are way above the homeless level. 15% pay cut is very very hard.

WOW on your description of your neighborhood. I didn't know GA was in the top 10.

You are so fortunate. Not only do you have land/home thru this mess, you have a truly cool adventure in life!! I could not imagine possibly losing my home and being homeless, yet so many are going thru this horrible situation. ugh

March will be here before you know it :) Can't wait to hear of the new adventure ahead.

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wow, listening to the news this morning atlanta alone has 10,600 foreclosures just this month, they say that is not even close to being over in georgia on foreclosures, its sad at how many folks are being put out and specialy over the holidays:(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:ep
wow. yes foreclosures are way from over. banks are still getting their ducks in a row and wham, many more to follow.

life is super rough out there, that is for sure.

Did your parents come from AZ or did you live there originally.

GA to AZ is far LOL

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We lived in Arizona for about 4 years when i was a teenager. And have gone there a few times on vacation. We like the climate much easier on the old bones lol. And out at McNeal there is no rat race like here in atlanta area. I am ready for a more simple way of life.;) Yes it is 1730 miles from were we are now to were the homestead is. Figuring on a 4 day road trip for the move and staying at koa campgrounds on the way out. I dont like driving at night so we will be stopping. Also will have the pets with us.:p

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
AmericanHomesteader said:
We lived in Arizona for about 4 years when i was a teenager. And have gone there a few times on vacation. We like the climate much easier on the old bones lol. And out at McNeal there is no rat race like here in atlanta area. I am ready for a more simple way of life.;) Yes it is 1730 miles from were we are now to were the homestead is. Figuring on a 4 day road trip for the move and staying at koa campgrounds on the way out. I dont like driving at night so we will be stopping. Also will have the pets with us.:p
Omg...you're in Atlanta?!?! :ep That place is a nightmare to drive through...makes my B/P skyrocket everytime. And I generally run low B/P. It sounds like a good thing that you are escaping that town.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea LOL
I drove thru Atlanta area in ice storms. Not fun and scary with transformers popping all around UGH

AZ is almost like going home for you...that is cool.
rat race stinks...any time you can avoid it, do so :)

my area was all farms. now it is all houses. I tell ya it is insanity LOL

but when we retire (I am going to be 50 soon) we are hitting the road in a motorhome and leaving all the farm land to the kid.
my way of escaping

bet you are excited tho. I love new adventures truly. to me this would be just a blast, your move lol

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
AmericanHomesteader said:
Omg...you're in Atlanta?!?! :ep That place is a nightmare to drive through...makes my B/P skyrocket everytime. And I generally run low B/P. It sounds like a good thing that you are escaping that town.
Yes we are in the northern suburb of it, its 45 miles south of me to downtown. i work 25 miles away from home and its an hour and twenty minute drive :(

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear ya on the drive.
I lived outside of Hartford CT for a long time. A 10 min. drive here is a 50 min. drive up there LOL

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
yea LOL
I drove thru Atlanta area in ice storms. Not fun and scary with transformers popping all around UGH

AZ is almost like going home for you...that is cool.
rat race stinks...any time you can avoid it, do so :)

my area was all farms. now it is all houses. I tell ya it is insanity LOL

but when we retire (I am going to be 50 soon) we are hitting the road in a motorhome and leaving all the farm land to the kid.
my way of escaping

bet you are excited tho. I love new adventures truly. to me this would be just a blast, your move lol
lol yes ice storms here really make it bad, last winter my wonderful boss didnt let us leave early when the freezing rain started and it took me 4.5 hours to get home, people here can not drive, they dont slow down until they cause a 50 car pile up or setting in the ditch, it was horrible! Thinking of having the kids watch "The Grapes of Wrath" this coming weekend :lol: and tell the DD thats our drama queen that is what its going to be like, she is entertaining with her vision that life is over moving to the homestead :D Oh i always love an adventure and my DW does too, we are looking forward to it! Lol welcome to the 50 something club my DW still has away to go to catch up to me hehe :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL
yea that was a good movie and if she has anything easier than that move, then she is way better off :lol:

I know huh. Bosses in north keep ya cause there is road crews and plows. Down in NC there is (I think) one plow. everyone shares it :lol:
I know during ice storms here I love to watch the news. Driving on snow is one thing, ice, ya ain't got a chance. ugh

Your AZ climate? what would be the worst? dry/drought and hot? I don't think they get ice storms and tornadoes etc?