AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Woohoo! Thats awesome! Have you been planning and getting all your eggs in one basket? :pop

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry i havent posted in a while, been busy getting ready for thanksgiving got family coming in. Been selling things on craigslist as we are down sizing woohoo 101 days left before the move. This long weekend i will be making solar panels, picked up my tempered glass saturday so now i have everything to finish up.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:pop We'll still be here. A lot of us have been super busy right now because of the holiday or family circumstances. Let us know how things progress!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
YUP, you are busy now! We understand.

when ya get time drop in cause we need people who have new experiences in how to survive in life !!

you are a survivor and that needs to be heard on this board. cause we all will have that need sometime and we love SS related projects!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
you are a survivor and that needs to be heard on this board.
Exactly. I love hearing how others are doing it. Keeps my chin up and my feet marching forward in life.

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ugh, DW just called me and the doctor has her set for surgery Dec 2, She is having a hysterectomy done :( said she will be laid up for about 6 weeks. Guess i need to see about getting a day off from the sweat shop. DD is going to have to pitch in and really help now. Hope everyone survives Pa's cookin!

rathbone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Maybe you can start cooking together in the evenings so she can teach the whole family how to make some favorites? My daughters and I did this in the last semester of high school so that they would feel comfortable cooking on their own when off at college.
...unless of course you are kidding us and you really do know how to cook already ;)

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
lol i can cook a few things, hambugers, bolonga, eggs and far better using a grill then a skillet. Yes DW needs to show me and the DD somethings, even tho DD knows everything, just ask her :lol:

rathbone, do you live off grid? were moving to cochise county the 1st of march to live off grid and wonder if you could share any tips on gardening and stuff in the desert.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hope your wife does well thru her surgery!! A few gals I know had this and REST and RECOUP is very very important. Be sure she listens and heals!