Amish Friends

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Yes pecan pie can spoil. When you get Amish baked pies, they are not quite done. You can slice them and freeze the slices. Actually a whole pie just fits in a gallon size ziplock baggie nicely. Then when you want a piece, pop in the the microwave and enjoy :)

The Amish use no food preservatives.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That looks awesome - kinda like an Amish ding-dong or something similar?

Maybe kinda... No hard chocolate coating though. The best I can describe it, its like two thin pieces of chocolate cake with a whipped creamy middle. Most definitely goat milk was used to make this awesomeness.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes pecan pie can spoil. When you get Amish baked pies, they are not quite done. You can slice them and freeze the slices. Actually a whole pie just fits in a gallon size ziplock baggie nicely. Then when you want a piece, pop in the the microwave and enjoy :)

The Amish use no food preservatives.

it wouldn't be around long enough to spoil... :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks like a whoopie pie to me. Looks like the filling was white, not chocolate? If so, that's what we call a whoopie pie in these parts.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's why you buy two!

i can't do that because i would eat that one too! i appreciate the ephemeral. here and gone. have to limit my quantities if i'm ever going to get my weight down. it is a continual challenge here. Mom bakes hundreds of cookies and i love cookie dough and cookies and she makes a lot of other goodies too - and if she isn't i am. i have a few bites and give away the rest. same with the cookies. one a day and that is all i can have most days. i am saving some black walnuts for when i hit 170lbs so i can make a batch of my favorite cookies. i will eat a lot of those one at a time. right now i am working my way through a bag of molasses cookies with seedless raspberry jam in the middle. that is my favorite cookie dough right in front of chocolate chip. something about the combination of fat, sugar, salt, molasses, and the goopy sticky texture, etc. just hits all the tastebuds just right and my brain lights up. lol

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man ... ya'll just had to start talking about cookies huh? Don't have any cookies - but I think there's a honey bun around here somewhere. Really shouldn't do that... ugh. It's so much easier to just give in!