annaraven - more random update stuph

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No new chicks. Bummers. Turns out the lady I was getting them from had a hatch go bad, so she's keeping them.

Oh well...

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
NEW Friday plans:

* wait around for the delivery truck all day because I have a package coming that I have to sign for

* make harissa DONE

* start the tri-tip marinating

* Get in touch with my contractor to fix a gas leak at the water heater that was found by the guys doing the furnace!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gas leak????????? Don't scare me with that. Between the one in Penn. yesterday and the other one n Ca I'm getting nervous. They did a thing on the nations gas lines this morning on the news. Its scary how much in disrepair they are.

g

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
No asploding. On accident, anyway >.>

:D

Hope they fix it fast!

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Okay. No asplosions...

They fixed it. Well, actually, I called my contractor and he sent someone to fix it. So I know it's done right.

Anyone ever watch "Holmes on Homes"? I've got a contractor kinda like that. I feel like the cavalry just arrived when his truck pulls up!

So - it's fixed. Scary though - it was just inspected in July! My contractor says it's probably because of the extra pressure put on an old system by installing the furnace. That it might have found weak spots that would've been fine otherwise, but since there's more gas going through now, the weak spots couldn't take it. Or something like that.

All I know is that I'm really really glad they found it and that's it's fixed!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's one reason I don't like gas. It scares me. It's not unusual to hear about a gas line explosion in Philly every year or 2.