Anxiety Treatment Options?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Any suggestions for options dealing with anxiety?

Stress is out of control. Insomnia and the like.

I am praying and trying to let it go. I am trying.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So it's Friday. Been an up and down week. More positive than negative. I am always amazed with the support provided by my online "internet creeper friends" (and acquaintances). thank you.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I had recently reengaged with a local unit of a national youth organization I have been with for about ten years. I have started ramping up my time since October, actively updating the website and attending meeting. Last night I gave my first training session to the youth in like 4 years.

It felt so good to be back in a positive environment

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
One specific set of verses, when applied, works 100% of the time...but it has to be followed to the letter. It's not something blithely offered, like a cute little sentiment in a greeting card...I've applied this over and over in situations that would make anyone anxious, and God has been faithful to this promise. Over and over. In this current world, this is my go to text for the things I see, experience and hear.

Philippians 4: 6-10
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Any suggestions for options dealing with anxiety?

Stress is out of control. Insomnia and the like.

I am praying and trying to let it go. I am trying.

Don't know if this will help or not. But I can relate... the field we both work in is crazy dog eat dog at times. If your like me you feel your chest tighten, find it hard to breathe and that "oh crap" thought seems to take over your mind. Then you start to run through the "what ifs" and it gets only worse. When this comes over me. I immediately stop what I'm doing and take a hike in the shawnee national Forest in the back of my house and pray about it.

If I had a week from hell, I run my sawmill, bobcat and chainsaw on the weekends or after a bad day at work, I'll work in my woodshop. All very dangerous yes, but they cause me to pay full attention to the task at hand, so my mind is focused on one thing and doing what needs to be done without jacking myself up.

Another thing I do is "metal vibration therapy" with very loud music. I find myself picking out certain instruments in a song and paying attention to it, which occupies my mind. Plus the vibration from the lower frequencies is like a soothing massage therapy my legs, back, neck and shoulders. I can come back from a drive into town fully relaxed and feeling like ton of bricks fell off my shoulders.

I had a boss for a short amount of time that had a Moto that just stuck with me. She would say "work hard but play harder" she was an awesome boss. I guess what I'm saying, find something for you that allows you to escape and occupies your mind. Please don't be like so many others who use illegal drugs or booze to medicate their mind and body to escape (Drugs Bad). Find something that you REALLY enjoy doing that's rewarding and occupies your mind, then take it to the next level. You might be amazed how well it works to help cope with stress.

We are here for you brother. If you need to talk, send me a conversation and I'll send you my cell number. I just don't want to give it out in a public forum. I would like to hear from you.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Had a good night's sleep last night, first in a long while.

The wife says I look like a new man. Ha!

Actually called the ex last night, to give her a heads up. This is the last year of support payments. She was supportive and encouraging. That relationship has greatly improved too.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hugs to you, and I will put you on my prayer list. Heavenly Father, I lift Jamie and his wife up to you. I pray that you will surround them with your people who can bring comfort to them at this difficult time. I pray for DW, that you will bring her healing. That the medical team involved in her care would treat her with wisdom and compassion. Please touch Jamie, and remind him that he can trust you in EVERY circumstance.

We may not like the path we must travel, but we can know that Jesus will travel that path with us.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Along with prayer, I'd suggest you get into reading the Bible. Then, pray some more. Is your anxiety based on: a true issue that is occurring now, something that might happen, or something that you are worried might happen... or something you simply can't even begin to put a finger on? Are you eating or drinking anything besides water for the 3+ hours leading up to bed time?

If your anxiety is based on physical occurrences in your environment, what can you do to change those? Toxic relationships? Cluttered environment? Financial burden? Employment stress? Are you taking ownership of problems that belong to someone else?