Anxiety Treatment Options?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule and @NH Homesteader , regarding the CBD oil....illegal under the new medical marijuana law now in effect. My career is primarily in the IT financial sector, so drug screens happen. I know CBD is not supposed to flag on a test, but I can't take a chance.
My husband is retired. It no longer matters.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I double checked 5000 mg vitamin D daily

Can you get a vitamin D blood test? I took 5,000 IU for a year, my doctor checked and it was still lower than it should have been. She increased my dose to 5,000 IU 5 days/week and 10,000 IU 2 days/week, and recheck blood test after 3 months. The test is $153 for me after insurance discount/adjustment.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry about that! :( One door closes....another opens. Really hope another door opens for you very quickly. At least you're not in limbo any more.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie I hope this will be the start of something MUCH better for you! Hang in there, stay strong. When I get anxious, and it's often, I think of a quote I love:

“Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.” —Sonia Ricotti.

Emphasis on the last bit. :hugs

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And if the above options don't give you relief - please don't be hesitant to see someone who can prescribe something for you. Don't let the problem spiral out of control. There's no shame or weakness in needing a med that can give you relief. My DH was prescribed anti-anxiety meds for a short term issue...it really helped him. After awhile he weaned off of them and continues to do well now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They can be addictive to some people so the weaning off is important!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I second CBD oil. My husband takes it. He was taking Lexapro and had some bad side effects. He had to wean off and now takes 2 10mg capsules in the morning, one at noon and one at night. Read up on it and study to see if it is right for you. It does not have THC in it and is legal in all 50 states. You will not get high on it.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop/capsules/cbd-10-mg/