Anxiety?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
Be careful about changing your canning recipes. You often need to add an acid or sugar to prevent food poisoning. If you want to leave out the sugar, you'd better find a pressure canning recipe.
You can use honey and Pomona's Pectin instead :cool:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I am ordering some Pomonas as xoon as I can!!!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I use the packets of no sugar needed style pectin, add extra lime, lemon juice, or a touch of raw apple cider vinegar (depends on the recipe), and just enough honey to make it taste right.

So far that has worked. I will have my beneficiaries post a message on the forum if I die from botulism :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
That man has a cast iron stomach. I swear he is part cockroach. So there might be things that would kill me and the rest of the planet, but would only make him a little bit queezy for about 15 seconds :p

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
walnuthollow said:
You guys are all being so helpful and for that I am truly grateful. I will definately be going off the buspar and weaning myself
off of paxil. I have peaches and pears to can up, so I will be doing that without sugar. I know I have alot to learn about cooking
nutritional meals. Hopefully I will learn some things from you all. Thanks so much. Sandra
If you're just canning the peaches and pears, as in slices or halves, you can do it without any sugar. You could use water (but will have a rather bland result) or fruit juice, or make a light syrup with some light tasting honey. The fruit is sweet and acidic enough that you don't need a pressure canner, and the sugar would be for taste, not for safety. Botulism is not a worry in this instance.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
That man has a cast iron stomach. I swear he is part cockroach. So there might be things that would kill me and the rest of the planet, but would only make him a little bit queezy for about 15 seconds :p
:yuckyuck

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
walnuthollow said:
His plan now is to take me off of the buspar and replace it with clonazepam as needed. I'm supposed to continue with the paxil also. What I was wondering...is there anything natural that I could take instead of the clonazepam that would be compatable with my other meds?
Do not, I repeat, do not take clonazepam. It's highly addictive and the chances are high that if you start taking it, you will begin taking more and more, then the doctor will increase the strength and the addiction cycle begins. I know this from experience, but my doctors prescription of choice for anxiety attacks was alprazolam (Xanax). And when you stop taking them, even if it's gradually, you will experience even greater anxiety than you started with! :th

If you are have difficulty completely changing your diet, adding many supplements or using an elimination diet, I would suggest cognitive behavioral therapy. I had an excellent therapist teach me how to get through anxiety attacks. Once I had mastered this skill, I started having the anxiety attacks less and less - part of the reason we have them is because we FEAR having them, they are so uncomfortable and we feel like we may not make it through the attack. Once you're mind knows that you WILL make it through, that you're NOT going to have a nervous breakdown, the fear goes away and the anxiety attacks do too :weee!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Very true, clonazepam is one of the bad ones. I had a neighbor get addicted to it and wind up taking too much. He flipped his car a block away from home, went back home to get the other vehicle, and got stopped for leaving the scene, plus a DUI, and went to jail. All. over. stupid. clonazepam. Not kidding. He took too much and got realllllly stupid. That is the only specific case I know personally, but that's enough to forever keep me away from the junk. This was completely out of charachter for him. Anyway, I say be very careful of ALL anti anxiety meds. I can't believe those things are available even with a prescription!

frmeital

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Try these 2 breathing techniques every day:

1. The Sigh Breath

This is a very simple technique, easy to remember for the next time anxiety knocks on your door. It will relieve the tension in your neck and chest area also.
Breathe in through your nose in a moderate (not very deep) way slowly. Pause and hold the air inside for just a second then let it out slowly through your mouth. Make your exhale as long as possible this is the key. Pay attention to every second of it especially to that moment that exhaling has finished that silent moment before the next inhale.
As you repeat this for the second time take a look around you and whats going on around you quietly.
You can repeat this 3-5 times until your feel your entire body is relaxed.

2. 4-7-8 Breath Advanced

This is a more advanced breathing exercise try to remember it from reading it now so it will be ready for you when you need it.
This is done sitting down on a chair with your back straight and your hands lying loose on your lap. Closing your eyes can be helpful for concentration.
Inhale through your nose slowly and deeply until you mentally count to 4. Push out your abdomen when you inhale to fill your upper lungs first. Hold your breath until you count to 7. Smoothly exhale through your mouth to the count of 8. Its easy to remember this: 4-7-8!
Imagine all your anxiety and tension leave your body while exhaling. You can do 10 to 12 rounds of this as a beginner. It will relax your mind, relax your muscles and balance your emotions.

Latest posts