Any one else from the great state of Tennessee?

banjomom

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Tennesseeans!

Northeast Tennessee in the Tri-Cities area. Limestone, near Davy Crockett
Birthplace State Park. We are in Winter Wonderland right now!

Karen

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
banjomom said:
Hi Tennesseeans!

Northeast Tennessee in the Tri-Cities area. Limestone, near Davy Crockett
Birthplace State Park. We are in Winter Wonderland right now!

Karen
Hey there, Karen. I'm Karen, too. I went to East Tenn. State University for 2 years like 100 years ago, so I'm acquainted with your area. It snows there when it doesn't anywhere else.

We're snowed in this week, it's pretty, but I'm tired of it.

denasfarm

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We moved to 19 acres in Lawrence county Tn about 6 months ago.
Anyone near me?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
denasfarm said:
We moved to 19 acres in Lawrence county Tn about 6 months ago.
Anyone near me?
Three counties over in McNairy :frow

mom2bbjandag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I *just* registered... I too am in TN, in the western part. I saw a couple of posts from '08 by other west-Tennesseans, but none recent. We are about halfway between Nashville and Memphis, a bit off the beaten path but still close to civilization. Wonderful, small town!

mom2bbjandag (Paula)

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I too am midway between Nashville and Memphis. Henry, TN. Moved here 2 years ago been a member but never looked at this area before. So howdy!

mom2bbjandag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hello, GardenWeasel, we're neighbors! :frow I'm in Huntingdon and am a student at Bethel University.

GardenWeasel

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey neighbor, mom2bbjandag. I am an older lady with grandchildren, 3 acres, a big garden, a newly planted orchard and 28 chickens. How so you?

mom2bbjandag

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I'm an older mom with younger children :p, we got a slow start, I suppose... 32 yrs old at birth of my first. Had 3 more after that, they range in age from 11 down to 6 (7 next month).

We have a large farm with some leased for row crops, some fenced for cows -- but we only have 4 horses at the moment and no cows -- 4 rental houses, a small engine business my husband owns and works every day... although we've always said we want a garden, we've never taken the time to actually plant one, but this year I have started a small one, just a container garden.

We've implemented a few changes to be more self-sufficient, but not nearly enough. My hope is that we can make small changes, one at a time so we're not shell-shocked, and move toward more freedom, less anxiety. We've run the rat-race, and we're both tired.

I'm sure you enjoy those grandchildren, and I bet they love spending time on your farm!

Paula