Any unusual plans or ways to celebrate New Year's?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We dont really do anything special.... Once the ball starts to drop, you start eating grapes..13..must be finished before the ball hits bottom. Its a luck thing. ;) We dont really plan to do anything this year. Hubby is working untill 8pm...I will be in my jammies before he gets home. We will watch some mind numbing TV...give a kiss at midnight, then I know I will go to bed. He will probably stay up and be online. LOL Our "party days" are over. :/

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
justusnak said:
We dont really do anything special.... Once the ball starts to drop, you start eating grapes..13..must be finished before the ball hits bottom. Its a luck thing. ;) We dont really plan to do anything this year. Hubby is working untill 8pm...I will be in my jammies before he gets home. We will watch some mind numbing TV...give a kiss at midnight, then I know I will go to bed. He will probably stay up and be online. LOL Our "party days" are over. :/
Jammies? For your hubby? On New Years Eve?
I've got better then that in the closet :cool:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Grapes? :D Now that's a new one on me....old tradition or just something you all started and continued for fun?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no traditions for new years

when younger, get drunk like a skunk big time, party out all night

now, last few years we haven't made it til 12
lol

hubby and I have a good time after Nicole goes to sleep ;) ;)

New Years doesn't hold any party traditions for me anymore---which is fine, I don't mind lol

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Andy J said:
As a 32 year career fireman,I'll once again spend New Year's eve at the firehouse.We(there's six of us at this firehouse)plan to eat well and watch a little TV.The weather is predicted to be very heavy rain and high winds.

There is no telling what we will be in for tonight.Car wrecks are usually our most frequent incidents on New Year's eve.I've seen some horrible accidents with a lot of young lives lost or ruined forever and many parent's hearts broken because of the foolish things people do.I pray that tonight will be different!

Have a Happy New Year!Don't be stupid and ruin it for yourselves or loved ones.

Andy J
Andy, I hope you have a really boring night, except for good food and TV!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We like to do Praise and Worship while welcoming in the new year. Just singing and guitars etc.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Depends on whether or not the neighbors are home. If they're not, I go to bed. If they're home, I know I'm just going to get woke up, so I try and stay up. One year, they called and asked if I could take one of their drunk guests home. Since I don't drink, they knew I'd be sober. :rolleyes:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I think this year five minutes before midnight Im going to kneel in prayer to God. And Im going to thank him for the blessings he has sent me andmy loved. Im gonna think him for the Bible Study that is enriching all of us.Im gonna ask that he bless my family and my extended family through out the coming year, and I will pray that his loving touch will move all creatures little and big. :)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Already soaking the black-eye peas for tomorrow, and I'll make some rice and collards from my garden to go with them. I even bought the good sauerkraut ( the refrigerated stuff) this time.

No wild party. I'm thinking about watching some Shakespeare on the Netflix, instead of the party at Times Square. I never quite figured out what the appeal was with watching other people get drunk and yell alot at a party you didn't attend. :idunno

I also like to do a reading for the coming year. Old tradition for me, but it feels appropriate. I'll give hubby a kiss at midnight too.