Any unusual plans or ways to celebrate New Year's?

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is it New Years Eve?? No really, I had no idea. My big brother called me to wish me a Happy New Year,...I thought he was drunk, otherwise, why would he have called? :p We are not doing anything special here. Everyone is allready in bed,..but me. Thank goodness,..peace and quiet :fl . My brother said he was letting off bottle rockets and firecrackers at midnight,..oh and possibly a few gunshots,..hope he ain't too blowed away :hu,..oh well. Thank goodness he lives many a mile away from us,.. he won't be disturbing our peace. I am sure his neighbors will be loving him tonight,...:gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I think this year five minutes before midnight Im going to kneel in prayer to God. And Im going to thank him for the blessings he has sent me andmy loved. Im gonna think him for the Bible Study that is enriching all of us.Im gonna ask that he bless my family and my extended family through out the coming year, and I will pray that his loving touch will move all creatures little and big. :)
Barred, I do this every New Year's! I think it's the best way to start out a new year. Tonight I sat out in the dog barn and watched the night sky....lots of beautiful stars out tonight! Bundled up in a down comforter, dog at my side, one of my boys on the other side.....bliss.

Thanked God for my life, for loving me and for allowing me to be part of the bigger plan. The boy and I discussed God, Heaven and his future.

Happy New Year to you all! May the best of your past be the worst of your future!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Very wise words from Bee and BB!

New Years seems like a very silly holiday to me. We don't drink and all this getting too drunk and driving around in the middle of the night seems ridiculous to us. We used to make a little noise at 12:00 when we were younger, especially here in WA where fireworks are legal.

But since our finances make shooting off fireworks a silly proposal, we have no reason to stay up. We are used to going to bed "with the chickens" so 12:00 is the middle of the night.

I got woken up by the dog at 12:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. She is scared of loud sounds and had to quiver and snuggle with someone and she picked me. Oh well, at least it gave me a chance to say Happy New Year!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
BarredBuff said:
I think this year five minutes before midnight Im going to kneel in prayer to God. And Im going to thank him for the blessings he has sent me andmy loved. Im gonna think him for the Bible Study that is enriching all of us.Im gonna ask that he bless my family and my extended family through out the coming year, and I will pray that his loving touch will move all creatures little and big. :)
Barred, I do this every New Year's! I think it's the best way to start out a new year. Tonight I sat out in the dog barn and watched the night sky....lots of beautiful stars out tonight! Bundled up in a down comforter, dog at my side, one of my boys on the other side.....bliss.

Thanked God for my life, for loving me and for allowing me to be part of the bigger plan. The boy and I discussed God, Heaven and his future.

Happy New Year to you all! May the best of your past be the worst of your future!
While everyone else watched the ball drop, I was back in my room praying. So I brought the New Year in with God!! :woot

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I watched the ball drop many years ago. (I was baby sitting) And, to me it seemed like a really stupid way to ring in the new year. We used to have a watch night service at church, but it was stopped many years ago. (I think no one wanted to stay up that late!)

Barred and Bee, that sounds like a really good way to bring in the new year. I just might try that next year, only a bit earlier in the evening. I have no need or desire to stay up that late. I still have to get up in the morning and do stuff. And, if I go to bed on the hour, it will be midnight some place in the world.

Andy J

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well Henrietta23,it was a dull New Year's eve last night.I guess because of the terrible weather everyone kept it under control.We just had one residential alarm,about 2:30 am.

Thanks for your concern.Have a great new year.

Andy J