Anybody Crochet?

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I probably won't attempt these but I wanted to share some truly incredible crochet achievements:

Micro Thread Crochet

main-qimg-1a076b46035a99523e8796bf371ab443-c

20130517-12083018-tinyelephants.jpg

Facehugger From "Alien"

8f6c8b324b2fed54f57c1b07d93d4107.jpg

MANDALA

60dc8259d1656e9d1844c9ec4c01fdd2--crochet-rugs-crochet-blankets.jpg

I have seen the micro crochet too. I have never tried any of them, the tiny hooks are difficult to use! Ha!

I do love the rug though. I would imagine you would have to sit on the floor and crochet when it started to get big? :D Huge spaces needed to work on it. :)

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have seen the micro crochet too. I have never tried any of them, the tiny hooks are difficult to use! Ha!

I do love the rug though. I would imagine you would have to sit on the floor and crochet when it started to get big? :D Huge spaces needed to work on it. :)

Yes, I have seen pictures of crocheters on the floor with their Q hooks, bent over their work on folded knees. At my age, just the thought of that makes me cringe. I'd figure something out with a piece of plywood on sawhorses instead.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I went to the library here to get a card, and found out today that they have a crochet club on Mondays. It's been years since I've crocheted anything, but this thread has me rethinking that...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My paternal grandma's crochet work was everywhere...doilies everywhere! Never learned the art. But used to do a LOT of needlepoint and sewing, seamstress things. Then kids grew up and all the clothes, prom dresses and wedding dresses were done. LOL Really loved both crafts but, life got in the way and I stopped. Still sew occasionally....should do more as I have enough material to clothe the entire neighborhood!

I love the tiny critters. What patience that must take. It reminds me of many needlepoint projects simply because of the detail & small stitches.

Some lovely results pictured by all. The Swan is a project that I would SURE be wanting. That is a challenge.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I never learned to crochet or knit. I did needle point and sewing years ago, but haven't done either in a long time. I am admiring all the beautiful work posted here!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Those tiny animals are amazing and the rug is awesome! I had a crocheted blanket from my great gran. She used (knitting) wool and sewed together crocheted squares. It was lovely. My mom, for as long as I remember, wanted a crocheted table cloth, but due to the amount of work, they were quite expensive. She did buy one eventually.

Yes, I have seen pictures of crocheters on the floor with their Q hooks, bent over their work on folded knees. At my age, just the thought of that makes me cringe. I'd figure something out with a piece of plywood on sawhorses instead.
Spreading it on a table maybe? Then you can still sit and work and have it off your lap/the floor at least.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Those tiny animals are amazing and the rug is awesome! I had a crocheted blanket from my great gran. She used (knitting) wool and sewed together crocheted squares. It was lovely. My mom, for as long as I remember, wanted a crocheted table cloth, but due to the amount of work, they were quite expensive. She did buy one eventually.

Spreading it on a table maybe? Then you can still sit and work and have it off your lap/the floor at least.

I'm definitely too old to crochet on the floor. I might be able to get up! :lol:. Great idea Sumi, a table would work well. :) Calista, sawhorses is a wonderful idea too, anything to hold it up! :)

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Those tiny animals are amazing and the rug is awesome! I had a crocheted blanket from my great gran. She used (knitting) wool and sewed together crocheted squares. It was lovely.

Ah, the great granny square! I have a huge bag of partial skeins and other leftover bits of yarn and a book called 101 Granny Squares, so even that which is usually discarded can eventually be made into another afghan when I have enough to put them together. I enjoy being able to donate these to hospitals and charity organizations for the needy.

6a00d8341c589653ef017d3d3eff3e970c-400wi.jpg

4d2893f2d8b74c85f4bd2147d6452e99--crochet-square-patterns-crochet-granny-squares.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Oh wow, those are pretty!