Anybody else have the garden bug yet?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We have 6 inches of snow on the ground, so my tiller is still in the shed, staying nice and warm. :D I did however, cut some fresh lettuce and pick some tomatoes out of the greenhouse yesterday. :D :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I just got my Baker Creek seed order in. I built two cold frames recently and planted Bok Pak Choy in one. Going to plant lettuce in the other as soon as I finish it up. I have chinese cabbage, cilantro and spinach growing under a plastic tunnel in the back yard, and I have been taking poopy duck straw out of the run and putting it on garden beds to age a bit before I plant outside in May.

I have an indoor herb garden and end of January is when I start my bedding plants.

So yeah...gardening bug. Always have it :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
been laying awake dreaming of getting seeds started!

good to see you Turkey Steve! best wishes and merry merry!
:)

steve_of_sandspoultry

Turkey Steve
Reaction score
The seed catalogs are here on the table for us to get the order ready this weekend. There are spinach and some greens still out in the garden. Our roaming peacock ate most of the leaves off the broccoli. lol

Hi OFG - today it's goose Steve. Gotta have the Christmas goose. :)

Steve

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Our ground is frozen solid, so starting two seed threads is the closest I can get right now to gardening. In another month, I'll start cleaning up my seed starting stuff and filling pots with dirt.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Hi OFG - today it's goose Steve. Gotta have the Christmas goose. smile
ah HA! great work! good thing that old so and so... OD the Gander.. is such a tough old guy or it would be foie gras for all my friends!

;-)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well its cleared out but no plowing yet................ :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Under 2 feet of snow here. I need to bring up my seed stash and start planning. I don't want to end up buying too many extra seeds this year. And I want to buy what I need in heirloom seeds. That takes planning ahead - not running to Menards on planting day!

journey11

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OH yeah. Nothin' much else to do in Jan/Feb, but plan for next year's garden! :D