Anybody else have the garden bug yet?

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Farmerchick--Enjoy that!! While you are gearing down, I am ramping up. The more work it is, the harder it is to remember how much fun it's supposed to be :) I'm not complaining, though, and hope to make this my only income within the next year or 2.

As for you, you have worked so hard and I'm glad you have the chance to slow down a bit and enjoy just what you most want to grow and eat. And time to garden with your little one, if that's what you want!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I know--funny isn't it.

I am ramping down---you ramping up

I made tons and tons of great tax free money on this farm and produce....yup, gal, you will do well! hard work but "when you are in the mood, feel good, love it and make great cash" it is a great thing to handle. but now, sadly for me, I am tired lol I had my fling with the farm...took it as far as my old bones want to handle lol

you go girl and I hope it all is worth it.

but yea, the "fun" went way out of it at one point when I had to do some farm work (you know, heavy work) and I said OW, I CAN'T do this anymore. right there it was down hill lol

I love heading into the more relaxing time of my life. I can't wait to shut 'er down...almost there. "what will I do with the time" haha--start a farm NO WAY!!! haha

oh edited to say-----I am looking forward to my small garden ---I will plant experimental things, things I want to eat--not that I know will sell to the public haha time to plant wild and weird varities Ewww cool

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey FC, are you still doing the egg business and soap? How many goats are you down to now?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea soap I will always do---I have 8 retail stores and sales thru email and market thru the roof. So great money there.

eggs--nope
sold all 300 chickens except 12 for me--status: out of business

sold 5 big hogs to Kevin today---have like 12 smaller ones left--going to auction

field crops, produce--no planting this year--status: out of biz

lol

have about 18 goats left. will keep those to keep pasture down right now...they are no bother. I am buying goat milk from a "younger" couple down the road that are into goats. poor people :lol: so they sell me the milk and I make my tons of soaps I love the less work plus I give them income..win/win

have about 30 black angus....going to sell most of those sometime soon. keep a few for pasture control.

ya know Lori---I am so ready for a "non-farming" life...lol
I have done this so long, it is time for a change. I am embracing the "less work in life" change haha

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Got two seed catalogs today, as well as the new Meyer's hatchery catalog.

I did get a chuckle out of the "Production Pack" offer - I had orginally started out with Barred Rocks, but through adoptions, I have the other breeds now, too.

45 minutes spent daydreaming and planning this afternoon *sigh*