Anyone else drink raw milk?

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I ran a search, didn't find a thread asking this and I'm just curious.

We have a Jersey milk cow now, but have had both dairy cows and goats in the past. I am just curious who all else uses raw milk. I can't be the only one....

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think most folks who have dairy animals around here drink raw.

I pay an arm and a leg for raw milk at the grocery. We drink Organic Pastures. While on vacation in Mo a couple months back we drank fresh raw from an Amish friends farm. Yum!!

I must admit my pediatrician gave me flack when he found out. Now I just don't talk to them about it.

g

Snowhunter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Me :D Have my Jersey cow, and once she starts behaving again, we'll be back to drinking raw milk, making cheese, butter and all that good stuff

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I don't drink anything BUT raw milk. I am actually allergic to pasteurized dairy. That includes all dairy.. cheese, yogurt, milk, everything. Cheese is the one that gets me because it is hardest to keep cheese for us. Someday we'll have our own dairy animals and produce our own. In the mean time, I keep it stocked, and when I run out, I have to wait to get more. (I still eat pizza on occasion, and high quality regular cheese if I don't have anything else... I can't give up my cheese!)

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We drink boat loads of the stuff. We have 5 Jersey cows and 2 heifer calves that will have to pried out of my cold dead fingers. According to the Canadian government, it will be death by moo juice. I am doing my best to prove them right but it just isn't working out.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Grew up drinking raw milk that mom bought from a farmer. Haven't figured out how to milk the chickens yet, so I have to wait until we get the nigerian dwarf goats we want. Then we'll be drinking raw milk.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I drink it; it costs me about 3 times what store milk does, but I'm worth it.:)

<ErinElizabeth>

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've been curious about this. Do you have to separate the milk out or anything like that or do you just milk the cow and drink the milk like it is? I've been wanting to get a milk goat or two. Are there any health benefits or negatives to drinking raw milk?

Grannyjan

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, we drink raw milk. I have three milking Nigerian Dwarf goats right now and they give us more milk than we need.

Latest posts