Anyone else drink raw milk?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if i had a current source for it, absolutly 100% yes i would...(and do when i can get my hands on it) got 2 goats im hoping to freshen in the spring and im still debating adding a mini cow to the family in a few years too lol

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A friend of mine had to have radiation and chemo for multiple simultaneous cancers. It was suggested to her to drink raw goat's milk to help her body handle the invasion. She never got nauseous and always looked much better than the other folks who were going through the same treatment. She did lose her appetite, and her sense of taste, but kept on drinking the goat's milk. (This is not a claim to cure cancer, just to help you handle the treatment)

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've got to churn up a few gallons of milk today or tomorrow. The 'fridge is full again.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
mississippifarmboy said:
I've got to churn up a few gallons of milk today or tomorrow. The 'fridge is full again.
Hmmmmm I could prolly help you out with that...take some off your hands to lessen your work load and all...because that's what a good friend would do :lol:

Fresh butter sounds goooooood :D

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I finally found a source about 40 min away, I have to drive there once a week cause it's only legal here (Oregon) to buy it on the farm. I think it's a bargain at $5 a gallon, they have jerseys and jersey/dexter crosses. I don't tell my honey, but I'm currently getting a little extra to feed to the piggies! I soak bread in milk and throw in some eggs--I call it piggie french toast lol.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Or, French toast w/a side of bacon?

shaner

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
everyone in this area wont sell any to people, all say a 5000 dollar fine if they get caught/ ? . didnt ask if that just a ohio deal?

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
shaner said:
everyone in this area wont sell any to people, all say a 5000 dollar fine if they get caught/ ? . didnt ask if that just a ohio deal?
Have you checked the website RealMilk.com, to see what others in your state are doing? You may have to buy a share in a cow, or sign a paper saying you are buying it for animal feed.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
donrae said:
I finally found a source about 40 min away, I have to drive there once a week cause it's only legal here (Oregon) to buy it on the farm. I think it's a bargain at $5 a gallon, they have jerseys and jersey/dexter crosses. I don't tell my honey, but I'm currently getting a little extra to feed to the piggies! I soak bread in milk and throw in some eggs--I call it piggie french toast lol.
$5 a gallon is a deal! I pay twice that. :hide Just wanted to say that you could get by with going every two weeks. That's what I do, and keep the extra milk in the coldest fridge, coldest area. Sometimes the rim of the jar starts to smell off, but the milk inside is still fresh.

shaner

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
so lucky said:
shaner said:
Have you checked the website RealMilk.com, to see what others in your state are doing? You may have to buy a share in a cow, or sign a paper saying you are buying it for animal feed.
ill give that a try

Latest posts