Anyone else drink raw milk?

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We get ours with all the cream. We just shake it up and pour. Sometimes when I'm making a smoothie or something that would benefit from the extra cream, I don't shake it. DH was wanting it skimmed for a while, but I think he is realizing the benefits of the cream at last.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yep, raw milk drinker here too. :) Used to be goat milk, now I'm drinking cow milk, cream and all, when I can find it ;)

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
<ErinElizabeth> said:
I've been curious about this. Do you have to separate the milk out or anything like that or do you just milk the cow and drink the milk like it is? I've been wanting to get a milk goat or two. Are there any health benefits or negatives to drinking raw milk?
We don't separate ours. I just milk the cow, bring it straight inside and strain it into a clean jug and refridgerate it. You can drink it warm, but I like it better once it chills.
Anytime we want a glass of milk we just shake it up and pour.

I reckon it's supposed to be deadly as there are laws here to keep us from selling raw milk, but I've drank it all my life and it ain't killed or stunted me yet. I personally think it's a heck of a lot better for you than the colored water they call milk in the store.

Plus you get cream, butter, buttermilk.....

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Benefits of drinking raw milk for us. SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL FARMER.....and knowing all my money is staying local. ;)

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Yep, raw milk drinker here too. :) Used to be goat milk, now I'm drinking cow milk, cream and all, when I can find it ;)
Ummm Cindi...?

You can find it. :D

Now I'm a nice, respectful, law abiding, upstanding citizen. A regular boyscout. I would never ever sell raw milk. It's plainly illegal to do such a thing. That's just WRONG! :old

But if a friend and neighbor happened to show up with a jug....? And somehow milk... ummm... "fell" into said jug?

Wouldn't be my fault now would it? :hide

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can't buy it here, otherwise I would. One day.....

<ErinElizabeth>

Power Conserver
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
<ErinElizabeth> said:
Are there any health benefits or negatives to drinking raw milk?
This is a great site for information on healthy whole food eating.

http://www.westonaprice.org/basics/principles-of-healthy-diets

This second link is very informative.

http://www.realmilk.com/rawmilkoverview.html

g
Thanks for the links! I'm going to copy and paste them to my gmail so I don't lose them. I'm liking the sound of drinking raw milk. :) Now if I can just find a couple milk goats locally...

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Grew up with an uncle who had a dairy farm and we got to drink raw milk whenever we went up to visit him and the family. Loved it and tried to boycott store bought milk with mom and it didn't work well at all, but I tried! :gig

Back in TN, doc and I had a neighbor who bartered out work for raw milk and he let us know about it so we bartered fresh banty eggs and meat rabbits for the real milk. ;) Can't find it locally, since moving to AR but am thinking about adding either mini goats or a mini cow to our menagerie. :fl

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I never really drink it but I use it when I cook and to make cheese. I buy it from a CSA that has a licence. I just have to drive to her location to get it because the food police (oops) The of Dept of Agriculture says so. The milk is the best quality and her dairy cows are not udder deep in muck.

Latest posts