Anyone else 'going at it alone'?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
If the next chapter of my life includes some property, I will probably be doing it alone due to the wife's situation. I did most of it alone in my first marriage, for different reasons, so it doesn't bother me.

Just need to remember my limitations

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anything this is people sharing living spaces with others. Not the 60's commune type though. It would be nice to have a living situation where we share meals, property upkeep, maybe gardens and small animals. Neighbors who would look out for each other.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
25r30wi[1].gif
funny[1].gif
loudlaff[1].gif
sHa_hehe.gif

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a family member with the same attitude: What? You would kill a chicken? What, you would kill your extra roosters? Then EAT THEM? In the mean time, she was buying Ostrich meat for her kitty b/c the kitty was plagued with allergy issues. Once, she gave me the "you are a cruel woman" lecture, while sitting with a plate of BBQ chicken in front of her.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My sister was the same! Then her husband got into grilling - and whatever he says is good, is suddenly all wonderful.
All of a sudden it went from "Don't even talk to me about your poor cows, I can't even THINK about what you're going to do to them." to "Hey, do you think that you might be able to give him some great big steaks for his birthday?" and "Why don't you bring some burgers to the cookout? He'll grill them up and I'll do all the sides." :\
It's all good. I'd rather go that route. The last time family that was here this past weekend came, I went out and BOUGHT eggs, milk and meat thinking that we'd have big breakfasts and family dinners while they were here....:lol::gig:lol:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Travel is tricky. No direct flights, so after figuring in everything, 12 hours driving versus 8-9 hours bouncing through airports, seems a wash. Travel on her family part isnt really an option. So I continue to try to noodle it out.

I think I am just going to have to say "we are leaving on this date..."