Anyone have a kitchenaide mixer?

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok ladies what your favourite thing to make in it? Why can't you imagine life without it? ;)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've already mentioned the Christmas cookies, I make many, many batches of various kinds. It's so easy to whip up a batch of Oatmeal Banana Bread (my favorite recipe), or anything else, I rarely take out my hand mixer anymore.

ScottSD

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
Absolutely, it does great with bread dough. Nothing slows it down. It's not the same as the one they sell everywhere, I think it's $399 - I got it for Christmas two years ago. It is well worth it if you use a stand mixer a lot.
We got an incredible deal at Kohls for ours...I think it was at least %30 off!

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Kneading bread dough. I would not make nearly as much homemade bread if I didn't have that!

Jaxom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just inherited my mother's. She bought it as a house warming gift to herself way back in 1977, thing is still strong as ever. At that time Kitchen aid sold an accesory pack which mom bought as well. This included the meat grinder, juicer, and veggie slicer. Besides that she also bought the dough hook and whisk.

I considering adding to this the ice cream churn, pasta and ravolli makers as well. If this one ever dies, I'd upgrade to either thier pro or commercial counter models. Heavier duty motors and a few other extra's as well.

There's a grain mill for the kitchen aids? Hmmmm....my beer making just take a sudden leap forward!

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love my KA mixer so much I find a reason to use it daily. In fact, Lowes gave it to us. We had a coupon for 20% off our purchase so we got that and several other things. I paid with a card and flat didnt notice that they didnt ring up the mixer. We got out to the car and while my sweet husband was loading my wheel chair I looked at the receipt , no mixer. So my sweet husband grabbed up me, my chair , all our bags and we went back in to correct the error. We hadn't even been out of the store for 15 minutes and the REFUSED to take our money for the mixer. This was a big purchase for me, so I still feel a bit guilty over it.

I have no attachments for mine. Just what came with it. I make butter, bread, pasta, salsa and whipped cream ( thanks to Abi here , now a savory whipped cream) I also make all kinds of sweet breads and used it for mashing potatoes. While I could live without it, it would rather not !

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm so excited, I'm going to get it today!! Tomorrow I'll be heading to our farm share of strawberries and then I'm gonna make strawberry shortcake from scratch! Yum! Fresh whipped cream, Can't wait!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I used my KitchenAid a lot when we ate more baked goods. Then our diet changed dramatically and it sat in the cupboard for a long time.

Then I started grinding my own grains in the VitaMix and started using the KA again for pizza dough and biscuits and pie crust and such. THEN....I got the meat grinder and use it a LOT! We make our own sausage and know exactly what is in it. I grind leaf lard to make good lard, and grind suet to make tallow. I grind chicken and turkey to make catfood for my old cats.

I will be getting the sausage stuffing attachment soon so I can practice making hotdogs and pepperoni and such for when we process the pigs! :weee It goes on the grinder attachment and is only around $15.

If I didn't have a hand-cranked pasta roller, I'd probably get the pasta attachment.

We have a grain roller to make rolled oats (can also roll other grains such as wheat and rye, but we only really like the rolled oats.) That is not a KA attachment but can be purchased to fit on the KA.

My KitchenAid gets a lot of use and makes it possible in today's busy world to live a somewhat old-fashioned, mostly ss, lifestyle. I love it!

mamaluv321

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I used my KitchenAid a lot when we ate more baked goods. Then our diet changed dramatically and it sat in the cupboard for a long time.

Then I started grinding my own grains in the VitaMix and started using the KA again for pizza dough and biscuits and pie crust and such. THEN....I got the meat grinder and use it a LOT! We make our own sausage and know exactly what is in it. I grind leaf lard to make good lard, and grind suet to make tallow. I grind chicken and turkey to make catfood for my old cats.

I will be getting the sausage stuffing attachment soon so I can practice making hotdogs and pepperoni and such for when we process the pigs! :weee It goes on the grinder attachment and is only around $15.

If I didn't have a hand-cranked pasta roller, I'd probably get the pasta attachment.

We have a grain roller to make rolled oats (can also roll other grains such as wheat and rye, but we only really like the rolled oats.) That is not a KA attachment but can be purchased to fit on the KA.

My KitchenAid gets a lot of use and makes it possible in today's busy world to live a somewhat old-fashioned, mostly ss, lifestyle. I love it!
Yeah, we havent even gotten it yet and I already told dh I want the meat grinder for my bday! One of my friends has that and she LOVES it. Then again,she also raises her own meat birds so she uses it alot as well. Oh, the food I will make!