Anyone hear about this in Arkansas?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Very very weird. I think last nite they reported that it also happened in sweden or somewhere over there. Way too weird for me.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
our beach was full of dead fish yesterday in south carolina

they say some 50,000 or so

they say because it was too cold for the fish

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So much for me going to the BB sale! They have a huge auction/flea market over there where you can get chicks and such. They are about 60 miles south of me. Have ya'll seen the radar blip over where they died at? It was on our news last night, the weatherman discovered it after all the storms came through. I'll look to see if there is a link to the story.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Fish kills are old news to me. I'm not sure about the one posted, but mullet used to die off every summer, supposedly from low oxygen when the water got too warm. You'd see them jumping out of the water the week before shores were littered with carcasses.

The birds have me mystified. The radar blip could be the birds themselves, according to the story. As to cause? I for one have never heard of flocks of birds dropping dead. Doesn't make sense to me.

Wonder if it will lead to a germ scare that means we shouldn't have poultry ... For our own safety, you know.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Dead birds, odd. The Meat Shower of 1876 , WEIRD!

ETA: Here are just a few other happenings of the unexpected falling from the sky:

1851 - Near San Francisco soldiers who were on the drill field reported being pelted with spatters of blood and pieces of meat about the size of pigeon eggs.

1851 - In Simpson County, North Carolina witnesses reported that pieces of flesh, liver, brains and blood rained down.

1869 - Another shower of flesh and blood was reported in California.

1870 - A deluge of water lizards hit Sacramento, California.

1871 - Bath, England was hit by a downpour of unknown creatures covered in a glutinous jelly.

1872 - Worms were reported falling in Somerville, Massachusetts.

1877 - Worms were reported fallingin Christiana, Norway.

1886 - A shower of warm stones purportedly fell on the offices of the News and Courier in Charleston, South Carolina.

1940 - A tornado in Russia dropped coins dating from the 16th century.

1969 - Golf balls showered down on the Punta Gorda region of Florida.

1969 - hundreds of badly injured ducks came crashing to the earth in St. Marys City, Maryland. Wildlife officials surmised that the ducks had received their fatal injuries, which included broken bones and mysterious hemorrhages, while they were flying.

2007 - Clumps of tangled, live worms fell in Jennings, LA.

2009 - Tadpoles, fish and the occasional frog fell in Japans Ishikawa region.

Yes, I know these aren't the same as something killing birds (well, except maybe the 1969 duck story), but they are weird happenings also and something to ponder.