Anyone playing an April Fools Day prank or got had?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
April Fools!

Who knows a good joke to play on someone? Hubby needs cheering up.

Or know of a good April Fools day story?

I've played a few good pranks but none are funny stories, except perhaps I got hubby to fall for "the toilet is overflowing, come quick!" more times than he should have fallen for it when we were newlyweds. Now, he doesn't come running, he'll shout something more like, "What did you DO in there?"....:th

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My DH, SIL, and I cut out the bottom of a Hostess Ding Dong. Scooped out the filling and put shaving cream in it. Put the bottom back on. We did a real good job, couldnt tell it was even cut. Put it back in its wrapper... And a friend opened it up and took a bite.

It was not an April Fools Joke. But we were playing jokes on each other that month. Guess we were bored.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh and when I was in high school. A friend of mine would buy the big chocolate bars and break them up into small pieces, put them in a bag. And leave it in their locker for a snack between classes. None of the lockers in our school had locks, except for the freshman. And some one was getting into her locker and taking some of her chocolate.

After months of this happening. She replaced the chocolate in her locker with chocolate bar laxative. Well we soon found out who was stealing the chocolate from the locker..

:lol:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well that is funny but I bet my hubby wouldn't think so!

I'd like to find the kind of joke where the person pranked upon laughs too.

I worked for a dental office a.....while back I guess and I was their scheduling coordinator with a lot of needs to juggle with several doctors and hygienists. The patients had requests and the staff had requests and the list seemed to be a mile long. Mr. Jones did not like Suzie and Mrs. Reid ONLY saw Dr. Smith, etc. etc., (not their real names, but you know what I mean). They were real detailed, like only put Mr. Jones on the schedule as the FIRST patient and so on and so on, no x-rays past 4:00, and only with Joan.....sheesh.

So I made up a special April 1 schedule (we hand-wrote them back then). I wrote in every ERROR I could think of first, Mr. Jones had Suzie last on the schedule, Mrs. Reid did not have Dr. Smith, and x-rays were scheduled past 4:00. There were about 20 things, I thought of something to piss off EVERYONE.

We had "morning huddles" and there was a riot erupting at that one when I finally pulled out the REAL schedules and said, "April Fools!"

It was my best April Fools Day achievement. The doctors actually commended me for pointing out to all the staff how .....particular they were and how many ways they were being a little too demanding. And I did it as a joke! :gig

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
When DH went out to gather eggs this morning, he found these:

1708_eggs_1_medium.jpg

Our chickens lay some colorful eggs, but these are over the top! And they boiled them! I don't know who put them there, but I suspect it might be DS or his wife (they are the only people who could get past the dog without him barking his head off - and we've been home since last night). I do have 16 witnesses, but they are not talking - although some are cackling.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I was pregnant with DD (many moons ago) my husband and I were in the Army. He was at PLDC (sergeant school) and I was able to be his sponsor (bring him things he needed since they were locked down and couldn't leave school grounds). It was fun. He had to stand at parade rest for me - even though I was lower ranking.

I went to visit him on the day that I had my first ultrasound.

Me - Do you want to know what it is?

Him - Yes

Me - It's twins.

Him - ....

Me - I'm just kidding. They couldn't tell the sex of the baby, but there's only one in there.

Right at that moment he had to go back into the school.

I didn't find out until two weeks later that telling him it was twins totally freaked him out and was so absolutely blown away that he didn't hear me tell him I was just kidding and there was only one in there..

For two weeks, he thought we were having twins.

I promise I didn't do it on purpose. I was really just kidding around. I still giggle about it, but when I bring it up, DH still gives me the stinky eye. LOL

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
VickiLynn said:
When DH went out to gather eggs this morning, he found these:

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/1708_eggs_1_medium.jpg

Our chickens lay some colorful eggs, but these are over the top! And they boiled them! I don't know who put them there, but I suspect it might be DS or his wife (they are the only people who could get past the dog without him barking his head off - and we've been home since last night). I do have 16 witnesses, but they are not talking - although some are cackling.
I really wish I had thought of this!!! :gig Excellent joke.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
:lol:

Well I don't think hubby would believe I'm pregnant with twins!

Those eggs are hysterical! But hubby doesn't collect the eggs so if I asked him to go do it he would be suspicous or ask our son to collect them.

But heh, I COULD really give my son an April Fools eyeful with some dyed eggs....Or maybe I should just put a duck egg in there. The ducks CAN'T make it into the chicken area. That would really stump him. Maybe I'll make some comment about needing to clip the muscovy wings soon or something before he goes out there. Has he noticed them flying again? hee hee hee

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just remembered last year on April Fools Day. My DH called from work and told me to start packing the house. Call my mom to see if we could live with her.. He said he lost his job.

After I worried for about half an hour. He called back and said it was an April Fools Joke. I didnt think it was funny at the time. Now it is though.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The colored eggs are a good one. At least your chickens boiled them first.

That reminded me about the time we dyed some easter eggs. And forgot to boil a few of them on purpose.. As a joke to one of DHs co-workers, that likes to eat DHs lunches..

I think every one around here is bored and play jokes all the time..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

One time at DHs work. They put grease under the handles of the car. So he couldnt get his car door open.. Well until he wiped it off..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another high school prank.. The football team took the teachers car. Carried it to the bleachers. Turned it sideways, to get it through the doors. Then placed it back on four wheels.

They also did this to another teacher and put their car on the front lawn.

Another time, a teachers car got put in the tennis court..

Our school was a rather fun place. Pranks all the time. The teacher got the kids back though. With pranks of their own..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy this is really jogging my memory..

Back when we were all teenagers. Before DH and I were even together. A group of friends were hanging out. I cant remember where we went. I think it was the local fair. We knew our friend left the key in her car. We went out and moved it to a different location in the parking lot. She thought it was stolen until we all couldnt control our laughter after a bit. Oh, I miss the good old days..

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I did a few spoof search engine results and sent the link to a couple friends and family. It's really cute, but you have to be a member of Swagbucks to use the spoof engine. It generates a false page of search results under the persons name you are spoofing and then you can email them a link saying "Look what I found out about you by searching your name." :lol: I thought they were really cute though. I sent myself one just for fun :p The link to join is in my siggy if you all want to try it :) Lots of free stuff on there too. I use them to search and get free Paypal cash throughout the year :hu Worth joining just for the spoof though ;)

ETA: If you do it the spoof generator is under the "promote" heading at the top of the page after you join.