Anyone stockpiling lightbulbs?

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
The recycling center???

Ooops!

Seriously, I'm not buying it either. For us they haven't lasted any longer than normal bulbs. I've had more issues with them really. In the living room once, the lights had been on a couple hours, and suddenly one started flickering and sparking and CAUGHT ON FIRE. Might have just been a 'bad bulb' but come on! Catching on fire?? Ugh.

And then there's the one in the goat barn my mom smashed one with the end of the pitchfork.. How are you supposed the clean up all the little bits when the ground is covered in straw???

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
CFLs work great for me.
I love the lower bill every month, I don't mind the light, I don't mind the minute it takes for full light power in the bathroom, I don't mind them at all...lol

and mine have lasted many years so far with only 1 burnout and that would be the same as a regular bulb so no problems there.

will I stock old bulbs.....nope---

well I do have like 4 packs stashed for the outside porch lights but I never use those anyway....the bulbs that are in them have been going for like 15 years already haha--except for the one I broke when I changed my front porch light to GREEN for Christmas time.

Hmmmmm....I wonder if I should hit the store and see if they have a better "dusk to dawn" big light fixture I use at my barns...any $$ savings is great...gotta go check that out.

Latest posts