"Anything Goes" New Year Soap Swap

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a fun, no pressure soap swap? Anything can go, whatever your fav. is to soap. There is plenty of time to make your goodies keeping in mind some folk have lots going on at year end. It'll be a fun way to bring in 2012! Here are the particulars:

Guidelines

1. Looking for a minimum of 6 participants. Will close out with a max of 12.
2. CP, HP, MP, whatever. Not particular.
3. EOs, FOs, or a blend therein are all acceptable.
4. Full size bars required (at least 4 ounces). One for each participant, obviously.
5. Only sign up if you are going to follow through! Everyone is counting on you to return the favor of receiving some gorgeous soaps.
6. Return shipping will be for a small flat rate USPS box. Please include your return shipping $$ in your soap box by either check, or money order. or Paypal.
7. Your soap must be labeled with: your SS name and ingredients.
8. All soaps must be to me by January 6, 2012

This is how it works, all participants send their soaps in to the Swap Mom (Lyric, in this case) by the due date. I will repackage and you will receive a soap box with one of each participant's soaps (plus one of your own) back!

This gives us 11 weeks to come up with a recipe, cure our soaps, and get 'em mailed out. I will turn around the soaps and mail them out to everyone on Monday, January 9, 2012. If for some reason you get behind simply put the "birth date" of your soap on the label. That way the recipients will know to add six weeks before using your bar to allow for cure. I will photograph the soaps to share with the group. We can even have an Anything Goes Soap Swap booklet (if you want; just let me know).

Come on, SS, and play with me!!!! New at this, been doing it forever, whatever, everyone is welcome to participate. Get your feet wet. Or, get back into the hobby. Swaps are also a good way to learn and grow in the craft. I love, love soap swaps, sharing, and comraderie. We can close out the name-taking on November 11 so everyone will know exactly how many soaps to make.

Let's do this!

Lyric
Olive This Soaps

1. Lyric
2. Me&TheGals
3. Calendula
4. Bettacreek
5. Big Brown Horse
6. ValMom

P.S. If more than 12 want to come out and play we can have two groups so shipping won't be too much on us.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
1. Lyric
2. me&the gals

Just 2 comments: I really don't need my own soap back. Is this just to make it easier to keep track of things when shipping? If so, that's fine. If not, then could we consider not sending the soapmaker's soap back to the soapmaker?

Another comment: Will 12 soaps fit in a flat-rate shipping box? The ones I'm thinking of ($5 shipping) are not quite that big.

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll update participants via the first post, fyi!

Just 2 comments: I really don't need my own soap back. Is this just to make it easier to keep track of things when shipping? If so, that's fine. If not, then could we consider not sending the soapmaker's soap back to the soapmaker?

Another comment: Will 12 soaps fit in a flat-rate shipping box? The ones I'm thinking of ($5 shipping) are not quite that big.

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Just 2 comments: I really don't need my own soap back. Is this just to make it easier to keep track of things when shipping? If so, that's fine. If not, then could we consider not sending the soapmaker's soap back to the soapmaker? Another comment: Will 12 soaps fit in a flat-rate shipping box? The ones I'm thinking of ($5 shipping) are not quite that big.
Okay, that's fine. We can send ONE LESS than the total amount of folk that sign up. ;)

Also, let me double check on the flat rate boxes. I recently sent out a medium box for a 18 piece swap and it was huge. I didn't think we'd need that for a 12 piece swap. I'll double check and get back with the group.

Thanks gals. This is going to be a heap-a-fun!

Lyric

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll join in on this one. By then I'll have some moolah, lol. I just have goatmilk soaps, so nothing too fancy, but might get fancy and send bath bombs for everyone (hey, the shipping is the same either way, right?).
I'd see how many people join in first. Then see what you can stuff into the boxes before everyone sends the money for shipping out.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
This sounds like fun, wish I could join! I am very sensitive to scents and wouldn't even be able to bring the box into the house. :( Howzabout someone posting a picture of the box of soaps when all is said and done so I can enjoy it vicariously? :p

(I only make unscented soaps, or whatever natural scent they may have, like the pine tar soap I made...yum!)

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
This sounds like fun, wish I could join! I am very sensitive to scents and wouldn't even be able to bring the box into the house. :( Howzabout someone posting a picture of the box of soaps when all is said and done so I can enjoy it vicariously? :p

(I only make unscented soaps, or whatever natural scent they may have, like the pine tar soap I made...yum!)
I surely will, freemotion! Someone should host a ____________ oil swap, sans fragrance so you can join in. It could feature a certain oil or oils minus fragrance so you can really see and feel how the soap performs. I can't be a Swap Mom hog or I'd host it. Heeeeey, YOU should host it. If you do, I'll join!

L

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
I'll join in on this one. By then I'll have some moolah, lol. I just have goatmilk soaps, so nothing too fancy, but might get fancy and send bath bombs for everyone (hey, the shipping is the same either way, right?). I'd see how many people join in first. Then see what you can stuff into the boxes before everyone sends the money for shipping out.
:frow Bettacreek. I am thinking we will be using the U.S.P.S. medium sized flat rate box (to accompany everyone's height and width of product) or whatever flat rate box is just beneath it (but not the small because it's too small). I am going to double check the choices and get back with the group so we can finalize return shipping.

L

Latest posts