Anything you can't give up?

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is there anything you can't/won't give up when striving for a self-sufficient lifestyle? I can't give up air conditioning (at least where I live). For me, however, it really is a can't, not a won't. I literally would not live through a summer here without it.
Edited to add: I really do mean I couldn't live without a/c in my current climate. I have a disorder where one of the main symptoms is that I have less than half the number of sweat glands that most people do. I can and do overheat with incredible ease.

So what is your vice?

chiknmama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well, I suppose I could do without my cigs - but my family wouldn't like me much. ;)

I'd rather not have to do without them, though, and yes, I know they are bad bad bad - but boy does that first smoke of the morning taste good.

LOL I'll probably die of lung disease or some such before the world collapses. :lol:

Peace -
Meriah

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
cottonelle toilet paper and my air conditioning. oh, and iced tea.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I smoke and I ain't giving them up YET--
I know it will come, but not today OK!

I love AC but have watched how much I use now. But I still must have that cool in the south or I ain't functioning good outside...gotta come in to cool down or die..HA HA

My SUV and truck. Need them to function also on the farm and general needs to haul big things.

I can live without certain foods and things like that. Not worried there, but I know we all could seriously adapt if required. I guess these are kinda wants vs. needs again.

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Y'all could live without this forum??? ;)

Me, I am pretty needy. I need my hubby and daughter. I could live wihtout the dog and chicks but I would miss them. I need to be active and also have something to read.
AC is wonderful but can't put that in the 'need' pile.

Latest posts