Appetite Stimulants

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm with you on the cooking shows. What gets me hungry is the Travel Channel shows. Anthony Bourdain's show ALWAYS makes me hungry!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i found pregnancy gave me a huge appetite. Also it occurs at certain times of the month, other times I have no appetite. i bet there is a hormonal reason for it. Myabe a natural hormone supplement. Im sure someone here would know a plant or herb that gives off a type of estrogen. That might help. :idunno

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
sunsaver said:
A glass of wine can also stimulate the appetite.
I have also heard this. A glass of red wine (diluted if you prefer) is supposed to stimulate appetite. Peppermint is also an appetite stimulant, so you could try drinking peppermint tea.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
hillfarm said:
i found pregnancy gave me a huge appetite. Also it occurs at certain times of the month, other times I have no appetite. i bet there is a hormonal reason for it. Myabe a natural hormone supplement. Im sure someone here would know a plant or herb that gives off a type of estrogen. That might help. :idunno
When I get a chance, I will go over my endocrine stuff, to see what is needed for balancing.

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abi, did you really have a hysterectomy? Because even if your ovaries are still in there, the loss of your uterus could well effect your hormones, which could contribute to appetite problems.

Instead of trying to eat more often, maybe just try to eat calorie dense things? Do you like cheese?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Leta said:
abi, did you really have a hysterectomy? Because even if your ovaries are still in there, the loss of your uterus could well effect your hormones, which could contribute to appetite problems.

Instead of trying to eat more often, maybe just try to eat calorie dense things? Do you like cheese?
Abi eats only nutrient dense foods :cool:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I think I've read that catnip tea is stimulating to the appetite. Plus your kittehs will love you.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Oh! I have much catnip! I'll have to fight the kitties for it.