Appetite Stimulants

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It is even more critical for the underweight person to eat only nutrient dense foods. I know you do, Abifae.

MetalSmitten

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ahh okay, yes that makes sense :) I'm naturally teensy, even my bone structure is that of a bird. Don't have any of the anorexia-type symptoms or problems. Doesn't stop the doctors from telling me I'm anorexic though. (Although, it's been probably 10 years since I've gone to a doctor because I can't get health insurance now -- because I'm too thin! They won't cover me. Hah.) I'm slowly working on changing my diet for the better, but it's hard because so few foods appeal to me heh.

I just remembered one thing though about the appetite issue, and I don't know if this is "normal" or not so I dunno if it'd help you, but I've noticed that if I eat something right before I go to bed, I wake up hungry.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
abifae said:
Under is worse than over because you have no reserves and if a female loses too much fat, her periods stop (wait, that's a bad??) and lots of endocrine issues. Just more health issues overall. Of course, gaining and losing are usually effects, not causes. So I think it is actually more accurate that people are more likely to FORCE their weight to something too low, as opposed to high, and that is where the unhealthier comes in.
That's why the old representations of Mother Goddesses and Fertility Goddesses are usually fat. Fertility goes way down if you don't have enough body fat. Fat babies are also better able to weather illness, and I remember when my newborn DS3 had jaundice because he had a different blood type from me; the doctor told me that because he was such a big baby (9 3/4 lbs) it wasn't as dangerous as if he had been small.