APPLE CIDER VINEGAR

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow hoosier it sure helped your dad.

yup those pills manage a few symptoms and their side effects are worse than the problem to start..LOL

they say a little vinegar also helps heartburn type situations.

so much knowledge of natural and easy cures have fallen by the wayside...such a shame. :(

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
wow hoosier it sure helped your dad.

yup those pills manage a few symptoms and their side effects are worse than the problem to start..LOL

they say a little vinegar also helps heartburn type situations.

so much knowledge of natural and easy cures have fallen by the wayside...such a shame. :(
I'm just going to have to get brave and try it. I give it to my birds in their water. We're lucky to be able to find it with the Mother in two stores nearby.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Does it have to be apple cider vinegar or will white vinegar work? People in my house are allergic to apples.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Here is a little secret to make Apple Cider Vinegar more palatable......

Mix it with APPLE JUICE! It will still have a bit of bite to it, but it will go down Sooooo much better!!! TRY IT!!
The wife and I take some every day like this!!

Sherrynboo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I was taking ACV everyday but for some reason got out of the habit of it. I really need to get back to it too. I have a cheap juicer and usually juice an apple, carrot and some cabbage and add the ACV to that. Not bad at all! The juice is really good for you too. I am going to look for the organic black cherry juice the next time I go to the health food store. My hubby has problems with his hands swelling and hurting some and since we have no insurance I am trying all kinds of alternative therapies with him.

Sherry in Ga

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I know about having no health insurance. Haven't had any since 2000.
I use ACV for toenail fungus and athletes foot. I just put it on my feet and toes at night. My athletes foot (I couldn't get rid of it for years) is totally gone now and my skin on my feet is nice and soft. I may even be able to go barefoot again this summer. The toenail fungus is taking a bit longer to go away, but I can see a definite improvement. For some reason I have no problem putting vinegar on my feet every night, but I could not get myself to do the same with the expensive stuff I bought at the drug store. I think it is the way it feels.
I use ACV in cooking all the time. My grandmother turned me onto it, when I was in my teens. She used it to help with her arthritis pains.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hoosier girl said:
For Tony...his #1 is 100% George's Organic Aloe Vera Juice. He had IBS type problems with tons of heartburn, he now drinks a small glass each day and he is fixed. None of the problems that were so horrible before this. I researched it on the internet and it said aloe vera heals the linings of the tummy and intestines and by goodness if it didn't work so well for him. Off all medications that didn't work anyway.
This is really good info for me! I have really bad heartburn, & my doc gave me a bunch of prevacid samples. I'm going to have to find where they sell aloe vera juice in these parts. I'd much rather take that then a prescription. This might be a stretch, but does anyone know how to make aloe vera juice? I have 2 BIG aloe plants here in the house.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just read a book my granny has. The Vinegar Book. I don't know who the author is off the top of my head but it has some great information in it. Tells you how to make acv and uses for white vinegar as well. I want to get a copy for myself. I plan on looking for it later today.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I am a big believer in ACV!! I use organic with the mother in it.

I had read in a forum somewhere that it lowers blood pressure within minutes of ingesting it. I tried it and it lowered mine by 10 points. I don't know how long the effect lasts or how often throughout the day you would need to take it for a lasting decrease. Just found that interesting.

I use it daily 15-20 minutes before each meal. From my understanding it causes the stomach to secrete more mucus which protects the lining and that is how it is used for heartburn.

I would love to make it from my own organic apples someday.