Are posters here HAPPIER having few men in SS Forums?

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I rest my case. All we want is free beer, food and sax, according to many of the ladies here. Well I can do the first 2 as well as they can and for the last I am pretty well past it.~gd

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
~gd said:
Beekissed said:
I rest my case. All we want is free beer, food and sax, according to many of the ladies here. Well I can do the first 2 as well as they can and for the last I am pretty well past it.~gd
I thought womens lib was about equality! Equal is equal is equal...isn't it? I have no doubt that you guys can be as good in the kitchen, on the sewing machine, etc etc as we womenfolk...I think for the most part we just wish you guys would spend more time at the sink doing dishes :lol: But then, like my hubby says "Who would shovel the driveway and take out the trash and get under the car in the dead of winter when it won't start " :)
...what's wrong with free beer and food? Ahhhh, but the other is a real learned art...and just when you think you've learned it, the hormones change everything, and it's back to square one and wondering what went wrong:) To be honest, as a woman, I am just as confused about it as you guys are at this point LOL!

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
~gd said:
4407_sax_altomed.jpg

Aww, c'mon, ~gd. Give us a toot! :gig

I'm sure you're still okay at #3.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

my hubby is a farmer/handy guy. works hard but would never type a word on this forum. just not him. So while I am more SS finding ways to improve and learn and save money and time and get out of the whole rat race a bit, he follows my lead and handles the heavy duty projects and more.

I don't know how you would get many many men to post. We never had tons of men on here.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think that right there is the problem....most guys do not venture into the computer world to talk about things they do every day at home. Only us women seem to find that fascinating. Something to do with right brained, left brained, blah, blah, blah...

lighthawk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMO men don't generally care to discuss what their plans, hopes, dreams are they get to it. That is probably why there are not a lot of male participants here. We think we know everything. If you think I'm wrong just try to tell me something I don't already know. :gig
I came to this site through BYC when I decided I needed to learn about chickens. Hate to admit it but I needed help getting started.
I have been Pooh-Poohed a number of times on this site. No big deal I gave my best advice based on my knowledge and experience at the time.
No matter how much I think I know there is always someone who knows more. Conversley there is always someone who knows less. That is why I come here. To learn what I can and teach what I can.
I think more and more people are going to need guidance and how-to knowledge. Male and female.
Like the man said "We're all in this together". :old

ETA... Wow lot of posts while I was typing this. Wish I had a typing class in high school.

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lighthawk said:
I think we are getting a little off track here.
IMO men don't generally care to discuss what their plans, hopes, dreams are they get to it. That is probably why there are not a lot of male participants here. We think we know everything. If you think I'm wrong just try to tell me something I don't already know. :gig
I realize you said this with a bit of tongue in cheek. But there are other sites on the web that I like because the guys there do exchange info. Useful technical info. We do ask questions, and pretty well everyobody is generous with information. Plus, it seems like all the guys have a good time at it.

That doesn't mean, at all, that the guys posting on the sites I'm referring to don't "get to it".

So at the point that we look at the question here seriously, I think it should be possible to figure out what we could do. And do it. And improve the SS forum (in terms of subjects guys are concerned with).

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Joel_BC said:
~gd said:
http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/4407_sax_altomed.jpg

Aww, c'mon, ~gd. Give us a toot! :gig TOOT TOOT reminds me of a little ditty that I picked up at VA Tech. Rooty toot toot. We are the girls of the Institute, we don't Smoke and we don't Chew, and we don't go out with the guys that do. Very popular right after the great commonweath of VA forced Gender intergration.

I'm sure you're still okay at #3.
Tell my doctor that. once a month I have to go in and 'Drop Pants' Lets just say that I will never play pro Baseball....