Are we living our dream?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH is creating an addition to the house. He is working alone. He says it’s gonna be an art studio. Yeah....he is talented. Some of his art hurts my brain and I can’t look at it. When he is in pain he just draws stuff and from far it looks like one thing but looking closely you see he had to draw many smaller things to make the bigger picture. I prefer when he does people or trees and pelicans.
All the stuff I need to do my simple aquaponics garden is here. I will spray paint the plastic jugs brown first. Gotta ask DH where he put the razor blade.
I will honestly try to keep motivated today long enough to make a difference. It takes a lot to set me off but I don’t like the person I am when I start throwing stuff out the house just because no one understands me.
A lot of my clutter is people have given me their deceased mothers yarn, mason jars and fabric and I really don’t know where to start. I have NEVER lived in such a small house. I think I need to see what I can slip under my bed in boxes.
I think maybe the neighbors have started staying at the house next door. On the opposite side...no. It’s the same with business places. We finally have a few burger joints open. But it’s about half and half and the nursing home continues to be empty as well as the hospital. I hope I never see this kind of destruction again.
Small house living is hard. Every bit of storage matters. It's okay to pass some supplies on to others who can use it for good. When you are ready, karma has a way of bringing more to you. :hugs

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chicks....not here, not this early. I'm looking for some eggs, close enough to pick up, to add different blood to my birds this year. Maybe at a big chicken swap early spring. Roos will be freezer camp boys. I can't do rabbits....cute factor 😔

But gardening with big plans in 2022. 😁 my canner is ready!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How you take care of children with no story books?
Story books are awesome. When my grands were small and would visit we'd read bedtime stories every night. As they got older they really loved to hear "off the cuff" stories. I'd start a story and get it to an exciting point and then turn the story over to one of the kids and they'd do the same. We'd pass that imaginary story around until it reached epic proportions and was nothing like the original story.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well after a week at the fort I am back home. I wasn’t feeling well so I tested and it was then negative. I had chills and DIL checked my temperature which was only 98.2 but I don’t know because I was tired and freezing cold. I forced myself to do anything I thought needed to be done. I went to bed very early and was out in no time and by the time DH called me from the closed visitors center I was in a sweat. I am coughing a bit. I assume I just need to stick to myself for a few days. The middle child did test positive while I was there. Poor baby.
DS called me on FaceTime from field training like he was freezing to death. It’s currently 36F there and 53F here.
We lost all the ducklings and chicks we ordered for last week and we ordered more and they haven’t yet arrived. I swear if we lose again I will just load the incubator and ask for a refund.
Here is my green beans, cucumber, onion and celery with their friend the Venus Fly Trap.
How do y’all like my version of recycling?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 73

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am sure I will eventually turn them in for recycling but if I can get a few meals out of them, I might as well.
I really gotta go in the backyard and take a few pictures of what DH has put together. He said he made a hoop house greenhouse in one day. I hung a batch of clothes and went to it, found my way inside and took a chair and waited for him to join me…all smiles and telling me about his experiences. It’s rather damp and windy and feels colder than it really is but it was okay inside. I told him if it actually makes agriculture easier for older people who have seen better days then it’s awesome. So he spoke about ventilation and ways to keep it warm and we just hung out. It’s framed up with treated 2X8s and cattle panels and covered with clear plastic.

Latest posts