Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well all our local post offices were damaged. One does have a FEMA trailer in front. They tearing down the Walgreens now and it’s permanently closed. I guess they can’t compete with Walmart. It’s taken a long time to open what few businesses we have. We finally have 2 Dollar Stores. When they opened the McDonald’s the line was really long. I guess people were tired of jambalaya cooked with Mexican seasoning. It was so spicy. But grateful because a lot of us were so busy we weren’t thinking about cooking.
I am at the cardiologist with DH. He is still in atrial fib so not sure what we gonna do about that. He is going to the hospital tonight for a sleep study or slumber party or something. Guess I run Trouble alone tonight.
I went to New Orleans for nothing this morning for DD3’s retainer which wasn’t there. Well got to hangout with her 3 hours.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's the trouble with pit bulls...and why they have a bad rep. They tend to have a short fuse. I know some that are sweeties, others be wary. Wouldn't own one due to that. There are a lot of crossbreds in my area. Makes considering adoption animals difficult.

Hope you do well at Tues interview!!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As it turns out, DH and I know the supervisor. He recognized me and said I was Jackie’s mom. He has a daughter the same age. Spoke to me about the chickens we brought to his ranch. I hope that helps me, besides my past experience. He asked me what would I do if he called me and told me to do something that I knew, ordinarily wasn’t correct. I told him the only thing I could think of was to question the rule to give him the opportunity to help me see the reason because it’s possible I don’t see the big picture.
I wormed DD’s puppy and bought more dog food. DH is sick and tired and always hurting. He seriously sees his cup as half empty. Maybe a back rub. 🤷‍♀️

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This piece belonged to my great- grandmother and my dad shrunk the top for my grandmother who used it in her store for years.
I am thinking about sanding it down and then applying tongue oil or something to give it a new finish.
I guess I am doing okay. I have coffee in front of me, a list with the stuff I need to obtain from the hardware store, including this project as well as a toilet float for the rabbit water, which I think is optional so long as we keep filling the bucket but we now have our entire herd on automatic watering systems. So maybe I can get some book shelves on the wall behind that table. It’s really the only place I can have book shelves.
Have a great day!!

Attachments

• 69B2C539-9598-4957-BCCB-5ACCE1E7A29E.jpeg
    69B2C539-9598-4957-BCCB-5ACCE1E7A29E.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 81

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well I didn’t get the position I interviewed for and I called my old work place on a pontoon bridge and my old coworker told me first thing…go put an application but I am already up for both new tender positions which came open yesterday. But I don’t think I will wait for them. I am tired of my 18 year old not having money and asking me when the nursing home is opening up again. I think I will get dressed and take her to the city and we can both apply for weekend jobs.
DH is cleaning up right now and let’s just say he doesn’t do it like me.
It’s HDD’s 17th birthday today. It’s the 5th time I get to figure what we gonna do to celebrate with her.
Wow…spent the last 15 minutes doing stuff while DH huffed and puffed outside. Within the next week we should see some kind of overall improvement. It’s got to be hard living in atrial fib. But I found a counter top. Yay!! DH never exactly got over being teased by the kids on the bus because his dad trapped and fished so all along side of the house was smelly things and sometimes he thinks everyone hates him except maybe me. So like yesterday I told him the youngest found something for him and he was touched. It was a camouflage Bigfoot sticker (his nickname is Bigfoot). It made his day. Maybe we can do stuff like that until we get him out of atrial fib.
I have been feeding a combination of 3 weeds to the rabbits at DH’s farm but yesterday I noticed wild strawberries in the back of the house so I added that to the mix…just a little and put hay in all cages and added hay to the rabbits at my house. Oh and twice I saw a hen leave an area overhead where the sheet metal kinda forms a pool so I was suspicious and I told DD to climb the loft and turn around and look inside the area. She told me we have several dozen eggs up there. I was gonna wipe it out and cut the metal to not crimp like that but DH wants to keep them laying there. So maybe I need several golf balls or go to the craft store for wooden eggs.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
one way to buy yourself some peace is to tell people that you will not be screamed at again and hang up and block. if someone is doing it in person, i'd calmly ask them to stop and then if they don't walk away. tell them that you will not tolerate it any longer. put your own peace and needs at front, especially when you have so many others around who don't need to see that also it stops the cycle of reinforcing how those kids may act in the future to others.
^^ I agree 100%. It worked on my XDH. When he started yelling on the phone I said "goodbye" hung up, and turned my ringer off for an hour. He hasn't yelled on the phone (or in person) in years. Boundaries work!