Are we living our dream?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As we age, adjustments need to be made. :hide IN every area...time, speed, ways, food, sleep, temperatures, clothing. I know these things!! I've been there a while! :lol:

No matter what you do, some issues just can't be maintained. Wrinkles happen and muscle mass is softening. Stuff moves around too. Your butt drops, stomach swells, hair thins and retextures, parts wear out. It ain't pretty!!! :old 🤪 :lol: :th Get rid of mirrors!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If it wouldn’t be for mirrors I wouldn’t be able to to see what is wrong with certain body parts that might desperately need certain attention…I say no more.
I know DH doesn’t like to work alone but I think he took pity on me again. I woke up with air hitting my face and I realized a CPAP mask was waiting for me. I think he thought about me and realized I might need the kind of rest he gets. Well I didn’t waste the whole day sleeping like yesterday but I bet I got an extra hour…maybe 90 minutes and I do feel rested.
I woke up and he showed me a pelt from an otter that was accidentally killed by a friend. Apparently 2 were killed and he still had the other. Only him!! I told him I thought I was dreaming and had heard him talking about it in the phone. He wants to make boots out of them. I have a pattern but I never used it.
I will be 56 Friday. I think my children will grace me with their presence soon. It does hurt when they spend so much time away but the ex and I didn’t settle custody and really for the first few years I really had them most of the time. And one thing I can count on is him losing all his stuff and them retreating to me. 🤷‍♀️ But I already got a text from my honorary DD …my niece who I have been awarded sole custody of. I can call her HDD 🤷‍♀️ She asked if the front bedroom is ready for her to come home to Thursday.
We finding nests at both our farms now so I think I will start to enjoy my eggs more. Store bought are poor excuses of an egg but I buy them in cases of 30 because of the protein and so I can use the crate in the incubator. I so hope Ida didn’t destroy the incubator. It once belonged to Momma.
DH decided he needed a nap and I boiled a dozen eggs for salads and I am starting a crockpot cabbage casserole to be frugal and keto. The last two cucumber plants I put in aquaponics didn’t take. Maybe I replace with tomatoes. I am kinda hungry. Spent close to $200 last night between medicine, health and beauty needs and groceries but I am fine with my selections. I kept both our health in mind. Took Trouble for a run in the freshly planted cane fields and fortunately no coons lured her into the mud again. I really don’t like bathing a Pit Bull in a shower; which is really my only choice in this house.
DH only wants an hour of rest and then we will go to my farm to retrieve brackets from my destroyed pantry. I might be able to give my poor house 2 hours.
He said he already fed the rabbits there and only a handful. I now have 3 empty Vienna Sausage cans that I plan on putting on each property that we have rabbits. I bought it special because he used to say that was the measurement of rations each adult rabbit required to preform what was required for a meat project. Something has got to give.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t expect many people to even notice it’s my birthday but I hope I get a diet cake if any. The sugar free cookies are good enough. I don’t imagine it’s keto as well so I don’t just sit there and munch out.
So today DH wants me to call a rabbit man we dealt with several towns over because he says we need a ‘really vigorous buck.’ Well I am not exactly saying that. I have to use speaker phone because otherwise my ear touches the screen and no telling if I mute or three way or what so I am talking to the old man and DH starts saying he needs a really ferocious buck with talent and I am saying I’m not telling him that and old guy is hearing everything. Omg. So he said he has an old buck he was planning on killing that maybe only had one or two years and he is giving him to us. Probably enjoyed the phone call so much he said it was worth it 🤦‍♀️ But really I know we have an escapee that’s a buck. If he can get a harness for the does and tie them up in the yard, I am pretty sure he will visit.
Went to my house yesterday and DH got the brackets and a few shelves out of the pantry and some freeze dried catfish I had in gallon size pickle jars. I went downstairs and got DD a chest protector and head gear for Taekwondo but I sure gotta clean it up good. I also pinched one of the bug zappers. I hope it works.
I am pretty sure something is wrong with my electric meter. I went up to it to see if I could read my usage and compare it to my bill. I couldn’t see anything so I figured it needs to be read with a device. I know everyone has to change out meters for something called a smart meter. So well I was suffering from depression and anxiety and I was afraid I would neglect paying my bills so I sat down one day and put a huge credit on everything and my electric bill got $400. So for the past 3 months my bill has been $16.10 for basically just existing and no usage. The first month I questioned it. You see I don’t ever want to be dependent on the grid again after Ida so I wanted to know how much I consume in this tiny house. Well apparently a washer, fridge, freezer, lights and 2 window units don’t consume anything. Nice!! I am pretty sure someone will notice something eventually and send someone to change out the meter.
I am currently unsupervised. I had to send DH to the post office. He has to show up during certain hours because they have to operate out of a truck. Building is still damaged. So much is still damaged.
Well maybe I can get a few chores done….one cup down!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
As for the birthday cake....

Attachments

• 20220209_140850.jpg
    20220209_140850.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 75

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my!! Looks like it’s missing something but I am willing to try. Thanks 🙏🏾. I need the whipping cream.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This might sound weird but when I really want crackers and butter I get a stick of butter out and grab a few walnuts instead. And I mean maybe 7 halves. Seems like it pushes the cravings away.
So I was hoping for the cabbage casserole but it’s all gone 🤷‍♀️.
I ran on the road, alone, did 3 errands and chores at 2 farms and came home in less than 2 hours. I didn’t think I would be in time for the last. A+!!!
Fried turkey breast for supper.
DH is out cold and talking in his sleep. I think I will run Trouble alone tonight. There is a rabbit on death row in front of the house. Apparently he used to be a buck. I imagine he will be delicious. I hope we barbecue him.
So my next adventure…. I am going to look up making ACV gummies. I have a mold.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Post Office in a truck? I'd think that even our inept government would put some kind of priority on a Post Office. A portable building, FEMA trailer, SOMETHING! Here locally, well, 125 miles away, in the tiny community of Apple Springs, the one sole Post Office employee finally retired. Nobody wants the job, so they send a person from Lufkin a few days a week and a person from Crockett a few days a week. The office closes for their 30 minute lunch, then closes at 2:30. The local office in Lindale has a help wanted sign. What's up with people? A Post Office job used to be highly desirable and it was extremely hard to get one.