Are we living our dream?

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh my gosh @Medicine Woman what a journey, cancer and a surgery to fix your spine. How are you? and not body-wise but mentally? You are so strong and such a good person, you will be well cared for and taken care of. Let those that love you help! I will pray for you as you start your journey of chemo and radiation, stay strong and know you got people here rooting for you. God bless you.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your whole life has been spent taking care of others. This has to be so hard for you. You are so kind and loving towards others and have been a blessing on many. In your typical fashion, you have taken it up with the Lord and your faith will keep you strong. You are blessed with family and friends that will help you through this. Please keep us updated. If it’s not too much to ask, if the chemo treatment makes you too sick, could you get your daughter to let us know how you are doing? Praying for you!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big pill is a huge understatement!!

We care! We'll be praying for you. Let others help you and try to check in when you can. Show a DD to post for you. The chemo and radiation are downers but, life saving and many survivors to attest. I'm so very sorry you have to go through all this. :hugs :hugs :hugs 🙏

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been home for a few weeks recuperating from surgery. I miss my job. I really need a pedicure but I can’t reach my feet. So tomorrow morning I will go for my first radiation treatment. My back has like a constant ache that varies in degrees of discomfort. My ribs seem to hurt worse. I don’t know what has been taking so long for my wheelchair to come in. I have several X marks on my abdomen and sides which are targets for the radiation. Standing up is harder than walking but sometimes I feel a clicking when I take a left step that feels strange.
I can take a shower and get most of me clean but I wish I had Sasquatch arms so I can reach my feet and dry myself good afterwards. I keep hearing that a few people are getting sick and I sure hope I don’t get infected with anything at all. I don’t think I need that right now.
So all my children seem to be checking in with me a few times a week. My oldest paid me half of an old debt probably out of concern because I can’t work because I wasn’t going to pressure her and DS has also been trying to catch-up on some of my past favors and has been going to the house to clean the wreck and salvage stuff. He speaks of making me a cabin in the woods. How kind. I am trying to care for the youngest kids the best I can in spite of my situation. They come over and help get a few things cleaned up. It’s hard to be so dependent on others for so many things. I am praying for a miracle. If I look at the statistics I don’t have much hope for a long life. I know I will die just as I know all of you will die but before that day comes I am trying to live. It bothers me that I have misplaced my sewing kit because I very much want to work on a few things…Raggedy Ann dolls for my grandchildren and crocheting slippers. I might as well do a bit of writing while I’m at it because God only knows there will never be a better time for it than now.
Y’all take care.