Are we living our dream?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congrats! 16 lbs is 16 lbs - that's great!

yes it is but also remember that while you are exercising you are likely replacing fat with muscle so it is a transformation of your body. :)

congrats! keep at it as much as you can and enjoy life too while you're at it.

also congrats on learning and helping and encouraging others to learn.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah I am very late with my blood work but I’m finally on a good roll so I am hoping if I can keep this up a while that my blood will tell a good story on me and I can actually go through life without too many prescriptions. I guess I am avoiding the Doc. A few days ago I was afraid I would have to schedule my female exam due to a problem rather than a yearly… only 6 years late 🤷‍♀️ But the pain vanished. Still… probably should visit the doctor.
So last night was an extra and tonight starts my 4 night hitch (except for the jury duty thing). Need to hang a batch of laundry and bring Trouble run before my disappearing act. It’s possible we stumbled upon my long lost Dachshund at an old friend of DH but they claim the dog is just a year old. Gonna try to think of an excuse to go over on my off time. If the dog is mine she will recognize me.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My phone rang so many times and texts kept coming in 😖. One of them from my new ADON who has maybe been an LPN 6 years…. Me 29. Her and the outgoing ADON are desperate to know if I still have to go for jury duty because if I do, one of them have to work in my position. I can’t call before 4:30 to see if it’s still scheduled. I don’t feel like I am rested like I would have needed to be. But the coffee is good.
DS had a little trouble with his blood pressure for his job interview but today he started working with Diesel engines… mainly generators. Looking forward to hearing all about it.
DD found a few friends really quick at school and one of them lives in my original neighborhood… the family neighborhood of my mother’s family I was born and moved to after Hurricane Betsy. So after her 4 hours of school she didn’t want DH to pick her up. She elected, instead to go there. After I determine if I should dress in street clothes or a scrub, I will pick her up. Her dog chewed up her ear buds one day and her shoe laces the next.
So I took a picture of my silhouette last night and I will attach it and maybe I can update it in a month to monitor my progress. I mean I don’t take bathroom selfies.

Attachments

• AC2A63CE-4943-4452-BAA2-3D6C1C19ABF5.jpeg
    AC2A63CE-4943-4452-BAA2-3D6C1C19ABF5.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 91

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DD is slacking but I am still glad she is with me. I put all my uniforms to wash this morning and took my night meds and waited until I couldn’t stay awoke and I asked her to hang my clothes. 😣she didn’t!! Oh well I got her to do it late and I am wearing clothes…. Not a scrub. I also call her when I am on the way back home to make sure she is dressed and to let the dogs out but she says okay and I let the dogs out after dropping her off at school. Kids!! Oh well…I am still just glad to see her and hang around. Currently waiting for her to go into therapy. We probably pick up something to eat afterwards.
I decided to try to break the bank. I gave away my off time and I will just work straight through because no appointments. It’s getting close to harvest season and I will have to be ready to harvest, deliver and sell various types of oranges once again.
We still haven’t bought the utility trailer or lawnmower so maybe my wildness with work can help me get it started. I already know I will just clean up while I harvest like I always do. God forbid I walk into a clean orchard!!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pray for me please…. All of y’all!!! We have various mailing addresses and DH puts stuff down anywhere and it really is getting to be a problem. He put a subpoena down in the truck and fortunately I found it before the date, although it was cancelled. Now I see a grant for our parish for hurricane damage but it is a few days late. I just filled it out and put it in the mail because if I put it in the garbage I know the answer is no. I put that I have one disabled person living with me (DH). Maybe his head and back injury can help me with my tardiness 🤷‍♀️ I have been thinking how I always knew Daddy framed up the bunkhouse with cheap 2X4s and even the roof. Only 2X6s were under the floor. I had already been thinking about ripping everything and framing the outside walls with 2X6s and screwing everything down slanted for maximum strength and maybe even put fasteners before closing walls just for spite.
Just pray that my application isn’t thrown away and I at least have an opportunity to explain my unique situation. Even if I really do want to go to the orchard I do have DS who was just discharged, has a family and is locked in a rental that is ridiculous. And it would be awesome to go back home. 😔

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have been away for a while. Let me explain. I have a new grandchild who was born a bit early but is doing fine. I had promised to come through for my DIL so I pulled a lot of overtime. I have spread blessings around. Then the pain set in my sciatic nerve and went down to legs and it was really hard to pass meds. But we were able to help DS and DIL between increased pay and home provisions of shrimp and oysters. Soon it looked like the pain was in the left side of my back and went around to the front of my chest, just below my breast. That’s what landed me in the ER to see if I had pleurisy or something. I was diagnosed with pulled muscle and sent home on Toradol. I began doing my medpass using a wheelchair. I figured no one would see me and I would just explain I was trying to heal but good news travel fast or so I understand. I had learned that a resident was afraid that another resident was passing meds. 🤷‍♀️So I had last weekend scheduled off and it had probably been 20 years since my last retreat so I attended but mobility was difficult and the other ladies were making a fuss over me and trying to take care of me. After closing ceremony I went eat and then I told DH before going home let’s make sure I am not having a heart attack so I express all my pain and recent history and get a diagnosis of Stage 4 breast cancer which is now in my spine, ribs and arm. One of my vertebrae is fractured and was in danger of collapsing which could have paralyzed me. I was admitted to the hospital and scheduled for surgery and I am carrying a bunch of internal metal rods and pins. PAIN!!! On the scale of one to 10 my threshold has changed as to what I once thought the higher numbers felt like.
I cried when realization hit me because it wasn’t supposed to happen like this. I take care of others!! I called all my children and told them and a few minutes later DS was standing near me holding my hand and crying too.
So I am home now and I haven’t started my radiation and chemotherapy yet but soon. My daughters have been coming around and cleaning up and it humbled me to need my DD to assist me with a personal need but she told me she was trained by the best 🥰. I literally need to be taken care of. Work is out. I don’t know if I qualify for disability benefits. Maybe I can call someone to help me with that. I hope I can return to work but I have to first beat cancer and secondly heal. So I have less capability to farm but way more time. I don’t know what my future updates will look like. I hope I surprise myself. So this year my orange crop might be harvested by my kids, DH or self serve.

Latest posts