Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh I am feeding animals alright. Not necessarily the ones in my barn like I wanna though. I went to the orchard late yesterday afternoon and it was getting dark. I was hoping I had satsuma in trees that I just wasn’t looking at. I don’t have 20/20 vision and it was dark but I truly couldn’t find much so I just picked tangelos because I knew the hardware stores would be out of fruit in the morning. We had caught a coon in the trap and he was in the back of the truck and DH started calling the Sasquatch.... I hate it when he does that at nighttime. I was hoping I would come back when the sun was shining and see that I still had lots of satsuma. Nope. Done. So the first coon is chilling out with two rabbits and the trap is set. I guess harvest will be cut short and we can just clean up and make things pretty. I probably should concentrate on my poor yard and house anyway. Every year is a different story.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yeah. Especially at night and I wish he’d stop it. He had been calling them and then he showed me this tree limb like 12 feet up twisted and hanging ....it was like 6 inches in diameter. I am not talking about a twig. I don’t say what did do it. I don’t say what didn’t do it. But I can’t twist an oak branch even 1/4 that size. And my husband is strong. In fact he is known as Bigfoot locally but I know he isn’t that strong. Leave the boogie man alone!!

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I sit down and listen in a similar way as a doctor and come up with alternates to medication that they might try. And I exercise great caution. Like I might tell them...well you can try but I would strongly suggest that you follow up with bloodwork to make sure you are on the right track. I really just use anything I feel would work. Sometimes I have to open books if it’s something I never tried to treat but so would a doctor. It really depends on what the client presents me with 🤷‍♀️
As the medicine woman, what kinds of herbal remedies do you recommend for things? Or are you not that kind of medicine woman? Herbal supplements fascinate me!
there are really so many I wouldn’t know where to start. Only thing for sure I never make a diagnosis. I ask if they have ever been diagnosed with something if they tell me enough stuff that I suspect something. I might even tell them what tests to request.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
DH started calling the Sasquatch

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hello. So this week will be difficult for my husband’s family. Tomorrow BIL will have a cardiac surgery and Thursday DH will have a fissure repaired. I asked the surgeon for medicine to last the week. Gave Tramadol and Lidocaine cream. Pharmacist tells me the Lidocaine isn’t covered by the insurance, he didn’t have it in stock and the price was $240. I told him forget it. I will just make it myself. So... I did. How hard is it to mix a tiny bit of benzocaine in petroleum jelly and put it in a condiment container? 🙄
So today we are probably heading to my ‘house’ to rip stuff apart and save. I won’t think about making the downstairs into a cellar right now because it will be too much on my mind. Just concentrate on cleaning, saving stuff and figuring a way to access the inside will be a great start. Sad thing is I can’t really hire anyone because there is no one to hire.
A man who is pretty much a jack of all trades has told me he knows how to make my generator run on an electric motor instead of gas. He said it would only sound like a fan running. DH is skeptical. I would certainly be interested to see if he can. The jury is still out. But I tell you what... I would love my wood chipper to be fixed because that would certainly clean a lot of my yard fast and give me organic material to grow things in. I am fighting a horrible depression right now so I’m hoping to just stay positive. My kids have been away from me for too long. I could force two of them to come home but I really want them to come home because they love me.