Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As it turns out, DH and I know the supervisor. He recognized me and said I was Jackie’s mom. He has a daughter the same age. Spoke to me about the chickens we brought to his ranch. I hope that helps me, besides my past experience. He asked me what would I do if he called me and told me to do something that I knew, ordinarily wasn’t correct. I told him the only thing I could think of was to question the rule to give him the opportunity to help me see the reason because it’s possible I don’t see the big picture.
I wormed DD’s puppy and bought more dog food. DH is sick and tired and always hurting. He seriously sees his cup as half empty. Maybe a back rub. 🤷‍♀️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
As it turns out, DH and I know the supervisor. He recognized me and said I was Jackie’s mom. He has a daughter the same age. Spoke to me about the chickens we brought to his ranch. I hope that helps me, besides my past experience. He asked me what would I do if he called me and told me to do something that I knew, ordinarily wasn’t correct. I told him the only thing I could think of was to question the rule to give him the opportunity to help me see the reason because it’s possible I don’t see the big picture.
I wormed DD’s puppy and bought more dog food. DH is sick and tired and always hurting. He seriously sees his cup as half empty. Maybe a back rub. 🤷‍♀️

back rubs are always welcome as long as the person giving them has good hands for it. :) it may take some doing to get him to try supplements and anti-depressants if the chronic pain isn't dealt with in any other manner. is weed legal down there?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
is weed legal down there?

I've heard it helps, never tried any. BUT our state made it "legal" to possess an ounce and to grow your own. Limit 5 plants. 🤔 also it was STILL ILLEGAL to buy/sell either plants or product. 😁

Now, they are amending or introducing new laws to allow sales of product at licensed facilities....not sure if only medicinal or otherwise. It's all pretty odd right now in VA. :idunno

I'm not thinking they are considering a farm crop. :lol: hemp is even limited to strick growing and overseeing big time. It used to be a big crop here many, many years ago. Probably a lot of happy people then.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is not legal in my area but I have seen it work on a few people really fast but it kinda makes them a bit stupid. Still it looks like the most problems it causes are from random drug screens. It’s not like the pot smokers are causing the trouble the crack houses cause. Or meth….whatever that is. Actually crack and excessive violence is what gave me custody of my niece, aka HDD. Poor child was almost 13 when I got custody of her and I found out a few years later that I should have gotten custody of her a few weeks earlier than I did. Bad stuff happens in crack houses to kids. But I honestly consider weed as an herbal remedy. I have never used it though. Also a lot of the work I have done requires a perfect drug screen and even when I have been with people smoking I have been concerned about testing positive. I would have loved to be able to make an essential oil but I never even learned how to use my distiller which is probably totally destroyed or buried. I mean my niece has seizures, my husband has pain and I know a bunch of people with anxiety. 🤷‍♀️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've heard it helps, never tried any. BUT our state made it "legal" to possess an ounce and to grow your own. Limit 5 plants. 🤔 also it was STILL ILLEGAL to buy/sell either plants or product. 😁

Now, they are amending or introducing new laws to allow sales of product at licensed facilities....not sure if only medicinal or otherwise. It's all pretty odd right now in VA. :idunno

I'm not thinking they are considering a farm crop. :lol: hemp is even limited to strick growing and overseeing big time. It used to be a big crop here many, many years ago. Probably a lot of happy people then.

limit in MI is 12 plants. you can grow and give it away but can't sell it. also have to be careful about how much you have on you and of course don't smoke it before driving or operating equipment or going to work.

i don't smoke it myself or really want to get stoned any more than i was before as a teen - i pretty much got it out of my system back then. :) quite happy as i am now. :)

the dispensaries for selling it can be opened here but it takes the local community to ok it and many don't want them so... local town has major issue with growers stinking up the place. indoor growers have more of a chance of controlling the smell but still there are things going on that are going to smell - just like around a farm field or an animal feeding or slaughtering place. i understand, it does have a very strong smell. even while i enjoy some aspects of the smell i can't tolerate the full close up smell of it for long. i have to hold my breath when i'm around it.

for the price of what you'd pay at a dispensary it is well worth growing your own if you need it (a single large plant can give you a few thousand $) - the quality is much different from what i got into as a kid. much stronger now, go easy at first.

hemp used to be regulated in MI but it is available to be grown now and i'm not sure how closely they monitor it - i've not checked.

the most important point is that it is no longer a crime and people can't be harrassed or put in jail for doing something primarily to themselves.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is not legal in my area but I have seen it work on a few people really fast but it kinda makes them a bit stupid. Still it looks like the most problems it causes are from random drug screens. It’s not like the pot smokers are causing the trouble the crack houses cause. Or meth….whatever that is. Actually crack and excessive violence is what gave me custody of my niece, aka HDD. Poor child was almost 13 when I got custody of her and I found out a few years later that I should have gotten custody of her a few weeks earlier than I did. Bad stuff happens in crack houses to kids. But I honestly consider weed as an herbal remedy. I have never used it though. Also a lot of the work I have done requires a perfect drug screen and even when I have been with people smoking I have been concerned about testing positive. I would have loved to be able to make an essential oil but I never even learned how to use my distiller which is probably totally destroyed or buried. I mean my niece has seizures, my husband has pain and I know a bunch of people with anxiety. 🤷‍♀️

yes, meth and crack are two different things and both are very damaging to a person over the longer term. :( the byproducts of making meth are also pretty toxic and it takes quite a bit of $ to clean up after a meth lab. not counting the explosions and fires that seem to happen.

i hope everyone can find some help and peace down there. :) see if you can help him figure out how to reduce the pain. i'd suggest things but i don't know him or what he's up against so i have to leave it there. supplements, changing work habits, listening to the docs, etc. all can help, but it is also true at times that you still end up hurting no matter what gets done.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a little bit of magic in my hands and fingers and then some of my remedies really relax people. I make a pain lotion and put certain essential oil’s in it and benzocaine because the prescription alternatives are far too expensive and I apply that after a little chiropractic type assistance. DH doesn’t seem to understand the term ‘Downsize.’ I have tried many times to explain that we need to just have one single farm wherever we decide home is and just focus on that but instead we now have 4 locations we have responsibilities to seeing each day. I really believe he is planting something right now in a freshly tilled garden. But he did talk about going fishing. And when he does that he doesn’t go out with a rod and reel. He goes out with a friend (a paraplegic) steering the boat and him throwing out 100 jug lines in the bayou with chicken guts for bait and by the time they are done they might have 60 pounds of catfish fillets and be wondering what to do with the skeletons
DS yelled at me 2 nights ago and I don’t know if he was drinking. It was over the phone. He sent me some rather rough text messages. I know I should probably just not care but I do. He usually apologizes but he hasn’t. Sometimes I just sit here in depression if the truth were known. I am better when I am busy. Time has a way of passing by while I sit here and look at all the destruction. It’s not even over because I am waiting for that big pine tree to fall on the pig pen and picnic table and the darn chainsaw is broken again.