Are we living our dreams?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:ya Thanks Rhoda!!!!! :hugs I WILL be making this this summer :D

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No problem. Hope ya'll like it. I once forgot the sugar....don't do that.
Well, DH is pooped. He has been in bed, sleeping for over an hour. I have been concerned. Not sure if he should be doing all this work. He is consistant with his work, but taking it in small doses....not exactly killing himself. I did buy him some hawthorn tablets, but he has not asked his doctor about taking it yet.
Gonna have to put my stuff in order for my hitch. Time at work means study time, for the most part, so gotta get into a Basic Herbology mode. I'm at the half way mark and about to put my knowledge into practice in the garden and kitchen real soon. I think some mini raised beds made with plastic 55 gallon drums, cut into 2 or 3 bottom out sections would do me fine and keep things nice and separated and get rid of my daddy's clutter in one shot.

sleuth

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:yikes: You guys are already planting? I thought I was ahead of the game!!! I just got a bunch of supplies, but was going to plant onions later this week.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I live south of Houston, but I'm barely getting started. But, we're still eating greens and broccoli that I started last fall.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I pretty much have a growing season of at least 300 days a year.....but mostly its more like 365 days a year. I still have last years bell peppers in the garden, giving me peppers. I'm not ahead of you; I'm just in south/eastern Louisiana. You can probably say that I live on the coast. Its good if you wanna plant all the time, but it gets really hot and humid. I have to plant fast enough and bring everything in before the plants get cooked outside. I have to think of ways to protect the garden from the sun in a few months.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
The only reason I am going well is my greenhouse. We have a 280ish day growing season here, and thank God....I couldn't handle not getting some down time :lol:

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had to take a nap today. DH didn't think to plant the squash yet and its raining. He said he wished he had finished planting the corn, as well. I'm still sleepy. My girls room is a disaster. I can't take it anymore. DD 16 is cleaning in my kitchen and I'm pushing my weight around the girl's room. Hoping I can be better rested tomorrow and make an appearance in the garden. It is looking good. Not much time when I'm on my work week....and Momma got pneumonia, so dealing with the parents.
Oh.......I work for our local government and apparently one of my co-workers started asking all kinds of income questions and just last month it was determined that the minimum someone with my job description is supposed to get is like 62 cents more than what I'm currently getting, so next check I'll be getting more, plus some back pay, which is good, but I questioned if all I'll be getting is the 62 cents more or if thats what someone is supposed to get, on day one, with no experience......I argued that if they hire someone next month, that the new guy would get as much as me, with 8 years experience.....simply not fair. But really, I have applied to work as a nurse, cuz its just not so very cushy anymore.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I took a nap today too. Sorry about your mom getting ill :hugs I hope she gets well soon!!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks. I rampaged thru her meds until I found stuff that could help her and made her take a breathing tx. I put together a plan to fight the pneumonia but told her if she decided to go to the ER, to give me a call. I told her no cigs and she said she hadn't smoked in 2 days. Daddy is trying to do what he can for her, but his constant shaking is causing a lotta spills. I'll check on them before I go home tomorrow.