Are we living our dreams?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bless him for trying!! I'll say a prayer for them tonight :)

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thankyou. I appreciate it. My momma went to heaven a few hours ago. My daddy is home. We set him up as best we could and he kept telling us he wanted us to go home. But I am going back in a few hours to get him so we can make arrangements. I gave him a nerve pill and 2 tylenol pm's, at his request and helped him with all his personal needs. I feel so numb.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thankyou. I used to drive my Momma crazy, trying to stay up so late at night when I was little. I am not normally a night owl anymore, but I can hear one outside, as I type this.....Anyway, I was thinking how I'd drive her crazy and imagining her up there saying,"Yep....thats my girl!" Maybe I will get a little sleep soon. I don't feel the least bit tired, but I might be exhausted by the time I finally am able to rest, if I don't manage to get a few hours. To tell you the truth, I feel like I can clean up my whole house right now.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So sorry about the loss of your Mom, praying for you and your family during this sad time :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am completely shocked! So sorry Rhoda for your loss :hugs We will keep you and your family in our prayers :(

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. :hugs Praying for comfort for your family.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thankyou everyone. My best friend called me after I went choose a pic of Momma at my godfather's house, when I was coming back to my parent's house and I was still talking to her by the time I drove up, so I went into my Momma's patio and was looking at her herb garden. Looked like I needed to harvest and dry a bunch of things. There was stuff I could easily identify and other things I'm not sure about. Didn't know if they were weeds or intentionally planted....now I got some homework to do. I was checking it out while I just listened to my friend and wondered how on earth I am going to bring this stuff home with me. Some of it is really big. It looks like her Aloe Vera might take over Louisiana. She has other plants that I suspect are just her friends and more than likely have no medicinal value, except to keep her content. DH joined me while I was talking/investigating. My best guess is that I'll be mainly concentrating on my family in the days to come. Appreciate ya'll prayers and concerns.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Momma is now buried with her parents and baby sister. Very long week. I feel detached from what has happened. Seems like I can go over to her house and drink a cup of coffee with her, although I know where she is.
All day today, I've wanted to get all my obligations tended to and start planting my herbs and I haven't gotten a chance to. I resume my work week in about an hour. Time to get my life back to some kinda normal.......homeschooling, farming and working....but got one more thing to do now....check on Daddy. Guess my sister, brother and I can figure that out.