Are we living our dreams?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
It doesn't work. Try to go up to uploads and see if you can find it, then copy and paste it into the post.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
1936_grannys_mystery_seeds_and_pods.jpg

How about this?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure, but I'd say it's in the legume family. But since that's such a huge family, that's admittedly not a whole lot of help. :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's my guess. They look like a mimosa tree seed pod and seeds. As a child, some friends and I used to play under a neighbors mimosa tree. We pretended they were beans, lol. It's a good thing we didn't actually eat them because they are poisonous!

Google Images has some real good pics.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
They do look a lot like the Mimosa seed pods. If your mom liked flowering trees that is a good possibility. My grandma had one in her yard we used to climb all the time, and they do indeed look very familiar. :)

Denim Deb

Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've seen the seeds for mimosa, but I think they're flatter than these seeds. Maybe it's just the angle, but they look more round.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
May be. I dunno, the mimosa seed pods at grandmas was very similar to those, same color at least. :hu

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There may be some regional differences.... Mimosa was the first thing I thought of when I saw 'em, but I've never seen Locust seed pods...

But, who knows? It will be sooooo intereting to see what they turn into! If they are Mimosa - it should be obvious very soon, as the seedlings are very distinctive.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I thought about locust.

I tried to google for mimosa seed pods, but what we call mimosa is not what the rest of the world calls mimosa and I didn't feel like trying to remember the scientific name. It's something like Albizia julibrisian. I USED to know how to spell it, but it's been too many years since my tree course. Plus, I'm too beat to look it up. I'm about ready for bed!

Rhonda, how are you doing? I've been thinking of you and praying for you often.