Are you registered to vote?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I followed that with a disclaimer; If I insulted anyone or hurt anyone's feelings, please don't hesitate to let me know and I promise to be more insulting next time. ;) or something like that. Anyhoo, all meant in humor and fun, but I can be a little rough around the edges at times. It's all part of my charm....(batting short eyelashes with no mascara on them) :lol:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I once had a boss with this gift... Get into a meeting because of a big problem and before you knew it everyone had a to-do to solve a peice of the big problem and we're happy they did. It's a rare gift you have there Bay!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I voted 7 times for good luck, just like I did in 2016 :)
IMG_20181106_170908804.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Voter turn-out in my state was record-high for midterm elections. 57% of eligible voters! I'm part delighted and partly like "seriously, why don't more people vote???"

I don't know why??? My large family one of my sons and I are the only ones that vote. I have voted every since I can remember, I consider it one of the "more better" rights I have as a USA citizen.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm planning to do absentee ballot next year. I've missed voting before from being sick. Almost did again this year, but with a rotten governor in office, nothing was going to keep me away!

I voted for the governor before because he *was* about fiscal responsibility and cutting back. But second term he started doing stupid crap. He used to drive a Saturn, then started takin private jet for *20 mile trip* kinda stuff. Cutting funding across the board... well, budget cuts suck but gotta keep it balanced. Then he gave a $4 BILLION incentive package to a corporation (which is like paying them $308,000 per job it creates... hmmm... that logic isn't working for me somehow. If they really wanted to make more jobs, they could have given $32,000 to every small business in the state with employees, which would create 10x as many jobs). :eek: nope, nope, nope, bye Felicia! Cost him the election, I'm certain! If he hadn't done that I might have voted for him again.

Sorry for political rant, was intended to be about why I voted. and, apparently, why a lot of other people in my state voted! LOL It was a very close race. New governor won by just a smidge, 1%.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ours was popular until that last bit! There was actually a recall election and he won. I voted for him in the recall over the fiscal responsibility piece. IDK, I vote for the candidate, not the party. Have voted republican, democrat, libertarian, independent, green party before!

LOL, reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my parent's employees years ago. I might have been in high school. I went off on him about voting. "Vote for yourself! Vote for your mom! Vote for anarchy! Just vote! LOL! Seriously would make my day if a person who believes in anarchy voted for write in candidate "anarchy". :D :gig

Also, I wonder what would happen if Donald Duck gets enough votes to win office? :gig I always get a kick out of the news reports on how many write-in votes for Donald Duck in presidential elections. :gig

Latest posts