ARGH!! I just hate it when...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
family from out of state show up unannounced!! I mean, HELLO! It would be NICE to know you were coming and thank goodness you don't expect to stay here because we would NOT be set up to receive you!!

CALL first next time!

My BIL and his wife from H E double hockey sticks are up from Florida (where my husband and I both wish they would stay FOREVER or just please not grace us with their presence when they docome up!)

Since we live next to FIL, we don't tell them we could care less if they showed up, because we want to keep the peace.

I think our dislike stems from the obvious disdain bestowed upon us by the wife. She is a city person and we are just hillbilly trailer trash in her eyes.

Now that I think about it, BIL isn't so bad, it's just the wife. We have discussed the fact that everytime BIL is up he does make the effort to come visit with us, without looking down, but his wife comes in and five minutes later, time to go!

She was up with their toddler back in July. We weren't even worthy enough for her to visit, even though we did extend a nice invititation to her to visit. But that's how it goes everytime. We would extend an invite, and each time it is thrown back in our faces.

So now we just could care less if they came or not. I don't like being lied to, I don't like someone telling me, OH we'll be over at such and such and then don't show.

Sorry for the rant.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Hand them the house keys, tell them to feed the animals and clean up the house, restock the fridge, and you'll see them in a week when you get back from your vacation.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

It is so rude to show up randomely. I mean there are cell phones, phones, email, twitter... is it really gonna slow them down that much to make a call?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Well, the visit wasn't so bad, and it was just my BIL. He was here for about two hours, and never stepped foot in the house, even though we offered coffee. Said he had to get because he missed three calls from the straw boss er I mean his wife. :|

The only thing that bothered me is while I was in the house, HE went into my coops and DH LET HIM! (he is gonna catch it from ME tonight!)

Then he says he'll be back sometime this week with SIL and niece so their 2 year old can see my animals...Um, ok, but she is NOT going in the coops! :barnie

Other than that, OK visit. :cool:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I always call before I show up at someone's house, even if it's just to drop something off.

Just hunker down, bite your tounge and it will be over soon. Then you can enjoy the peace and quite of your family and animals the second they leave. :/

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hey maybe he just wants to find out more about coops, maybe his city wife now wants chickens because its fashionable. Who knows? Maybe he wants to be more self sufficient himself? Maybe he is just trying to show an interest in what you like so he can connect with you a bit better?

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
Good points, RTR, but I don't see them getting chickens, could be wrong. I know they had a horse where they used to live, but sold the horse when they moved.

He was pretty nice today. Even helped DH get the tree he was cutting out of another tree with his truck today. They are staying at her mom's for the week.

I will grin and bear it. Friday will be here soon! ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they show up to see FIL and BIL wants to see his brother, but she doesn't. So don't worry if she comes or not. No biggie.

Just enjoy his "short" visit, and let them go. Sometimes it is just that way and don't YOU waste any of your valuable time wondering or fretting or getting peeved or anything like that....let it pass fast and have fun with your life. I hate when people rob us of our time, even if it is emotional time wasted ya know.

I don't let family worry me ever..LOL...come to my home, don't come, stay, leave, whatever..HA HA

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
they show up to see FIL and BIL wants to see his brother, but she doesn't. So don't worry if she comes or not. No biggie.

Just enjoy his "short" visit, and let them go. Sometimes it is just that way and don't YOU waste any of your valuable time wondering or fretting or getting peeved or anything like that....let it pass fast and have fun with your life. I hate when people rob us of our time, even if it is emotional time wasted ya know.

I don't let family worry me ever..LOL...come to my home, don't come, stay, leave, whatever..HA HA
It just hurts, that's all. I was raised in a large, close knit family. To this day, my side always gets together, how you live, where you come from, none of that matters, you're blood, that's what is important!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh I agree. My immediate family is super close. We get along fab. Tony's side doesn't get along too good. Nit-picky types and it USED to drive me insane til one day I said, wait, what in the heck am I doing wasting anytime worrying about their dysfuctional family? LOL

So now, when people have their little spats and such, I could care less, it doesn't effect me anymore cause THEY WILL do what they want and not EVER worry about you, will never worry if your feelings are hurt, etc. etc.....so I just don't ever let it get to that ya know.

Love your side of the family. Love the ones that WANT your companionship etc. and thumbs down to the ones that don't!!

that is what I do..HA HA