ARGH!! I just hate it when...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Quail you said---Last time she was up and we mentioned that I am homeschooling, she told me I was crazy. I ignored it. E said he was proud of me for ignoring her comments.

****now I am glad that hubby was proud, but you be proud too! You didn't rise to the bait and that takes a good person ya know. After she said you were crazy, you could just say, hey, it works for us and drop it.

But turning the other cheek and not rising to the situation is the best thing sometimes cause heck, why get yourself in a tizzy for no reason...and that no reason being HER comments don't make your life ya know.

COOL!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I agree with Karen. In my life, some people's opinions matter to me, some don't. Maybe she should be in your "don't" category. Just take a deep breath and let it go.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Its hard not to let family's opinion get to you though.

Quail, do you want a relationship with your SIL? to me it kind of sounds like you do. I know how you feel, I can't seem to develop one with mine.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
Its hard not to let family's opinion get to you though.

Quail, do you want a relationship with your SIL? to me it kind of sounds like you do. I know how you feel, I can't seem to develop one with mine.
To be honest, YES. I was raised with the belief that family is important, and I have wonderful memories of get togethers with Aunts and Uncles, and they were very much a part of my life growing up. I want my kids to experience that and to have the same feeling of closeness with our families.

I can't force her to have a relationship with us, though.

It is possible they may be over tomorrow with their daughter. Part of me is hoping so, the other part is kind of like, OMG my house is a mess!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Don't worry about the house to much, as long as there aren't dirty dishes (my mom used to hide them in the oven sometimes) and the beds are made it'll be fine. Just be yourself, try to take an interest in something she's involved in. There's gotta be some common ground somewhere.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
:thun All I gotta say is I TRIED!

I was the PERFECT hostess! I was kind, I was considerate, I tried to engage her, I took pics of them and their adorable spoiled to the point that you want to shake the snot out of her brat, let them basically use my farm as a petting zoo for said brat, and kept a smile (ok maybe more of a grimace?) on my face while she criticized my parenting techniques, told me I hold my baby too much, scolded my son for not saying thank you, and kept my cool while her child BROKE my kids crayons!

Then she has the nerve to tell me to my face that she is bored!!!!!!! BORED WTF?! BORED????

And this is where a stream of foul language would spill from my lips!

They left and my DH and I compared notes and he and I agreed that we both felt like dirt afterwards.

I hate that woman! I know I know, as a Christian I shouldn't hate anyone! But I have a sneaky suspicion God didn't know about HER when he wrote that rule!

She actually got nasty with her husband right infront of us demanding that they go next door to FIL's. FIL was HERE when they were! He was visiting with them here, and she told FIL that he had to go home so they could go visit him AT HIS HOUSE! She just overstepped her bounds there, telling my FIL, who is like a father to me I might add, that he had to go home!!

:smack

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I hate that woman! I know I know, as a Christian I shouldn't hate anyone! But I have a sneaky suspicion God didn't know about HER when he wrote that rule!

:smack
Oh Quail you are so funny, I love the way you said that...I have a couple of people in my life that those very words would fit as well:>) As angry as you are...I couldn't help but enjoy your 'rant' :hugs

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
To be honest, it is even so much anger as it is hurt, and I really just want to go have a really good cry.

And I should be stronger than that! I shouldn't let one person have that much power, to get me to the point of crying just because we don't "mesh".

Her parting comment to me was her house is cleaner than mine, but if we came to visit she would be apologizing for the mess.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
To be honest, it is even so much anger as it is hurt, and I really just want to go have a really good cry.

And I should be stronger than that! I shouldn't let one person have that much power, to get me to the point of crying just because we don't "mesh".

Her parting comment to me was her house is cleaner than mine, but if we came to visit she would be apologizing for the mess.
My SIL was always like that with me as well, did you get the pm I snet you about that? Anyway you have that good cry, it will cleanse you and help you think more clearly about what is going on.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well now that you have tried, really hard. Not saying a word while her child run amok, being pleasent through all that and being patient. You can just pretend you aren't home when they come over.

ORRRR You can be even more annoying and call to talk to her. Kill her with kindness, email her the pics you took. Do some photo touching to them to say "Baby (or spoiled brat, your choice) looks like she wants her own chick!", next time she is up go visit with them at your FIL and take some homemade goodies with you to the visit.

Anyways, she's the anti social one. And very odd.