Artifical or Real?

Leta

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Real. I am an inveterate snob about this. I would rather have no tree than a fake tree. However, I live in the big woods, and real trees here are very reasonably priced. If I lived in an area where real firs were pricey, I'd probably decorate a potted ficus or something.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'd probably decorate a potted ficus or something.
I did that several years ago, when we lived in TN.

My Christmas Rubber Tree:

ry%3D400

Niele da Kine

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We have either one depending on how the potted Christmas tree is doing. Right now the "tree-in-training" is only about 14"tall and the other one got too big to bring inside so we have this lovely 4 tall artificial tree we got at a yard sale about a month ago. It's a great tree for $2. Came with lights already on it and in two separate sections with hinged branches. Hinge the feet down, flip the limbs down, set the top part in, flip the limbs down and plug it in. Cover it with ornaments and you can barely see the fakeness.

When I lived on a boat, we'd usually get a small rosemary plant and trim it in a tree shape. It even sorta smelled like a pine tree and it was the right size for the boat.

Small kid time, my grandma had a silver fake tree about four feet tall. Big bushy bottle brush limbs made of silver plastic foil - totally fake. There was a light which had a spinning color wheel to make the tree shine in different colors. It went with the gold popcorn glitter in her ceiling. I'm guessing this was late sixties.

Tatter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm not really into Christmas trees at all as I prefer to have them natural and still growing. However, sometimes I'll find a sickly tree (balsam or spruce) in my field, that is in need of being removed (usually storm damage from the summer months) and enjoy it's aroma for a few days in the house. When I moved out here to my home, the very first thing I did was take balsams and spruces growing in the ditch and replanted them to make a nice wind break, but I figured I could also have a nice layout of Christmas trees if I ever wished to cut a few down.

Latest posts