Back to Eden Gardening Thread~Note: pic heavy thread.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sugar snap peas picked yesterday. I planted these all at once, so they are coming on all at once, which was a mistake for sure.

101_0677.JPG

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A few pics of the flowers in the front BTE...getting quite a few species of butterflies out there now, what with the butterfly bush getting ready to bloom and all these other flowers. I tried to get pics of a few of them but could never get close enough for a good pic without them flying away.

101_0704.JPG

101_0691.JPG

This bed of wildflowers is just starting to show good color but will not be in full blaze until July, most likely. I'm loving the delicate pink flowers that are blooming right now, but the Bachelor's Buttons, Zinnias and Calendula are starting to put out the first blooms as well and soon they will steal the show.
101_0698.JPG

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Beautiful, Bee! And those peas look wonderful… Maybe you can shell and freeze the surplus?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Beautiful, Bee! And those peas look wonderful… Maybe you can shell and freeze the surplus?

I don't know if they make good shell peas or not, as these are sugar snap peas? I'm not a pea fan unless it's the whole young pod of this kind, cut up raw into salad. Others will stir fry them whole as well, but not sure how they hold up to shelling and freezing.

The only other way I like peas is if they are new, small and tender and cooked with new red potatoes, new carrots and baked into a chicken pot pie. :D

Not a bean fan, really. :sick No one else in the family are very fond of shelled peas either.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
May be worth a try? That or eat lots and lots and lots of peas now! Gosh, they look so good, that won't be hardship...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
May be worth a try? That or eat lots and lots and lots of peas now! Gosh, they look so good, that won't be hardship...

We've been giving them to Mom's dance ladies, along with excess eggs. My sister is coming today and she may take some home with her.